TCG Tour 2015 in the books

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Phenomenal trip, even with my fuck up. We had a great time with everyone, very nice to put faces to names and learn more about people. So many amazing cars, good people, and excellent times. I am a beer guy so I appreciated the breweries. I also like wine, as does my wife, so a stop at one or two of those is an idea for the future.

I'd gladly offer my services for future planning.

And good point Panda, I think the number of cars was right, we could have had a few more, but a big group would be very hard to manage.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The best thing about Mook's car breaking was it really kept the pack together on Sunday for some good shots.

I think we should schedule some time on the next tour, in a wide open space, to pack the cars up and have people pull ahead to take photos or videos. I was doing it, but with a little planning it could have been so much better.

My best thought would be find a place with two close on/off ramps or turn arounds so we can do 20 minutes of "circles" and just get a ton of rolling pics and videos in from 1 spot, then resume the day as planned.

A group photo with all the cars would have also been excellent.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I really think I'm going to "hire" a dedicated media team to come with us for the trip. Even cough up some cash to really make sure theyre into it. Whether it be DJ, Panda, or even any of you guys who want to go balls deep on pics.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
honestly, you need to charge a nominal entry fee to participate.

it would do two things, you'd get a more accurate head count (people that pay, make the commitment with their $$ and not just lip service) and allow a slush fund for stickers, hand outs, photogs, etc.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
honestly, you need to charge a nominal entry fee to participate.

it would do two things, you'd get a more accurate head count (people that pay, make the commitment with their $$ and not just lip service) and allow a slush fund for stickers, hand outs, photogs, etc.

That was discussed and I wasnt really on board with it but now that the event is done, I definitely support it.

nethingiwant

Sep 4, 2009
[MENTION=2057]nethingiwant[/MENTION] on one of the two lane highways- how many cars did you pass at once, at the most? Was it like 6? :rofl:
When you see an opening you gotta take it, right? Hard to count cars on ur right when your too busy watching the closing gap of the car heading at ya! Thats some of my best driving memories on this trip. That and holding you all up so I could take the twisties without bfing the cars bummer in front of me. Good times, haha

Thread Info