TCG Snowmobiling Discussion

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
We don't try for marathon runs, we just pick a destination and go, find a nice spot to break off trail and go. Have breaks thrown in. Obviously some days are less, some are more. We definitely don't go up to sit at the bars the whole time though

How do you know where you can go off trail?

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well since they deleted all my posts I can't go back and read them.

They made a post saying the trails are open. I commented and basically said bad move, landowners will be pissed, but I'm sure law enforcement is loving it. The majority of people riding in these conditions probably don't have legal sleds. But maybe I'm wrong about snow but it seems like we only have a few inches and its been melting all week. None of the neighboring clubs are open, even further north with more snow. They said cOnDiTiOnS aRE gOoD tHe CLuB haS BeeN WoRkinG HaRD tO gEt tRailS oPEn. Speak to your club president if you feel we are wrong but my guess is you need to join and club and help!!!!

I just went off on them after they told me to join a snowmobile club. I made whoever made that comment look really stupid. Then they go and delete all my comments because they "didn't ask for my opinion". AND blocked me.

Im sure the trails were "good" for the first few people that were out like the guy who posted a good report at 10AM opening day. But 24 hours later when I drove past the trails in McHenry, Richmond, Spring Grove, etc they were trashed. Down to dirt, guys riding outside of signs to find snow. I'm sure they are rideable if you wanna go a few miles to the bar or have some fan cooled beater sled. After this snow the might be OK but I won't deal with IL and its bullshit. I will drop in Genoa City if I want to ride locally.

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
$1 says he was bitching about trails being open and he thought they shouldn't be.

since they've somehow... just been open for quite some time still :rofl:

I don't know how or why they are open in McHenry County before this snowfall. My guess if IL is like WI the club needs to get out and "groom" to log hours and get paid from the state.

Thread Info