tenor.gif

Reactions: Eagle

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Just saw trails from lake geneva to McHenry... Not gonna lie.. They look pretty fucking solid.

I've heard wisco is checking for safety certificates tho at the border and something I didn't know is now anyone born 1985 or newer needs one in wisco.

I might try to ride this weekend.

Yup anyone born after Jan 1st 1985 needs to take a safety course and carry your certificate to ride in Wisconsin.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I want to go again... but need a crew to go with. Nearly all my mountain buddies retired quick this year when the snow looked so poor initially and sold their machines :wtc:

I don't know why they gave up only after a few weeks of abnormally low snow. I've been saying this for years, you really need to go out west to enjoy those machines. Can't expect the deep powder you want in the midwest.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I don't know why they gave up only after a few weeks of abnormally low snow. I've been saying this for years, you really need to go out west to enjoy those machines. Can't expect the deep powder you want in the midwest.

You don't need "deep powder" to ride a Summit. The Yoop has plenty to offer for these machines to be honest. Plus the higher skill level required to ride the Yoop really set me up well for riding out West. It was honestly much easier to ride in than expected... Like riding on clouds the whole time! So easy to steer and adjust, even with the most rowdy terrain.

Good admit, running pillowed creeks was my favorite.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Oh and I bought a Munster finger throttle. Couldn't believe how much easier it was to ride with a full right hand grip of the handle bar. Rode a Pro RMK 163 with one and it was great.

The Skidoo has more power HANDS DOWN than the 850 Polaris - but the Polaris is narrower and offers more stable turning sensation - which I didn't actually like. I was totally fine sidehilling the Skidoo as well unless really RIPPING across a hillside. I did get washed out once while going across deep vertical paths as I was sidehilling with a bit of speed.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You don't need "deep powder" to ride a Summit. The Yoop has plenty to offer for these machines to be honest. Plus the higher skill level required to ride the Yoop really set me up well for riding out West. It was honestly much easier to ride in than expected... Like riding on clouds the whole time! So easy to steer and adjust, even with the most rowdy terrain.

Good admit, running pillowed creeks was my favorite.

You just said your crew sold their sleds because of snow conditions. Now you don't need powder and the UP is fine for those sleds? :oops:

Please share more info about the trip. :bowdown:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Dunno, I don't agree that west is the best.

Did I enjoy it? Sure. The powder was fun and definitely provided a different kind of riding. It was almost "easy" to ride in compared to the Yoop.

You can DEFINITELY use a 154 2.5 sled in the Yoop off trail. The snow can be deep and powder there too, but more often it's more "punchy" and is harder to ride on. I think having learned in the Yoop snow made it super easy to ride out west.

Would I say I'll never ride the Yoop again having been west? Hell no. Matter of fact, I'll be going north next week. Reminds me, I need to get my sleds and tweak the clutching.

I'll also go west one more time this year if all goes to plan. ?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I might try to ride this weekend.

Yup anyone born after Jan 1st 1985 needs to take a safety course and carry your certificate to ride in Wisconsin.
Funny you mention that. My Daughter goes snowmobiling like 6-7 hours in to Wisconsin with her BF. Him and his family own a home up there and he owns a few sleds, no clue what kind.
But my Daughter was all excited last week as she got her Wisconsin "License" is what she called it. So now after 2 years being a passenger she can finally drive one.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
View attachment 80077

Pistakee looks like a highway hahaha.

I wouldn't go out there unless it was with someone that 10000000% knew what they were doin... So much open water and so many "cut through" you have to know.

So they seem to rip the trail from chapel Hill and bay Rd to the bay

View attachment 80078

I don't think that is a trail. But figures people would be riding all over anyway.

Thread Info