TCG Snowmobiling Discussion

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
arctichoke and the Yamahaaaaaaa share motors and some chassiss....or they did share chassis.
Polaris has 40 different sleds listed on their website.........I couldn't believe 40. My next sled I'm torn, want a 4 stroke for gas mileage but the weight when you get stuck I don't want to deal with. Love how the Yamis sound like a crotch rocket with the right exhaust.

I feel like the whole gas mileage argument is stupid. MAYBE in 2003 4strokes were getting better mileage but now days tech has improved vastly. Unless you riding a 2 cylinder phazer or something your big cubed apex, viper, sidewinder etc isnt getting "good" gas mileage.

The advantage is reliability for riders that put on ALOT of miles.

Keep stock exhaust

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I feel like the whole gas mileage argument is stupid. MAYBE in 2003 4strokes were getting better mileage but now days tech has improved vastly. Unless you riding a 2 cylinder phazer or something your big cubed apex, viper, sidewinder etc isnt getting "good" gas mileage.

The advantage is reliability for riders that put on ALOT of miles.

Keep stock exhaust

aren't you getting at least 20 mpg on your sled?

no 800 or 850 doo is getting that.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
no idea. I don't push it low enough to worry about running out based on milage.

Last year I ran my Enticer 340 and Apex for a ride after filling them up at the same time but I forgot the results when I had to fill them up again after the same mileage.

orrrrrrrrrrrrrr your sled gets good enough mpg to not worry about running out :bowrofl:

it's old now but my 13 carb'd 800 wouldn't get 15 mpg if i was trying.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
80 miles is a fucking tease, thats like getting half a blowjob....what a waste. I was hoping that maybe 2 strokes would be in the 15 mpg range. my buddy went up on his new to him 2014 800 assault 144 and was getting about 10,I get about 10 on my 2002

i guess they are more aiming them at mountain/deep riders that don't go more than 32 miles in a day anyways.

big issue with the electric sleds for the backwoods KLIM509 bros though i just dont know where you cook the hotdogs if you don't have an exhaust pipe.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Get sum 600ACE if you want to sip gas. Don't expect to go over 60mph with that 28HP tho.

sipping gas isn't the point.

being able to comfortably romp on a sled and know you'll make it to the next gas station 92 miles away is the point.

there was PLENTY of "oh fuck" moments on my old sled in regards to fuel... and im someone who fills up at any gas station i pass no matter what.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Best snowmobile meme I've seen in a while :rofl:
FB_IMG_1609967991113.jpeg

Reactions: BeerOrGasoline

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Why can't I have 180hp and 20mpgs in a lightweight great handling snowmobile?

You can't have it all in the snowmobile world.

I am honestly not even sure what MPG sleds get. People really don't care. As long as you can get 50-75 miles between stops with fuel on reserve you should be OK.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I just find it strange that in pretty much 20 years there hasn't been a big improvement. 50 to 70 miles really doesn't leave much room for off trail excursions. Short track in the deep stuff uses alot of throttle

People that ride off trail typically only go 20 or 30 miles in an entire day. They also carry gas tanks.

Modern sleds have range way past 50-70 miles but im saying most fill up at the point. Ride to your destination. fill up. ride home.

Thread Info