đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i purchased a Detailers Domain mystery box. paid a little more for shipping to get it in 2-3 days.
I made a video, will be out tomorrow.

34.99 for 50ish dollars worth of stuff.
The contents of the box for me came to 65 bucks
15 dollar wash mitt, 15 dollar 1 liter bottle of Nextzett auto glanz shampoo and a 1liter bottle of Nanolex Wash coat ( foam on ceramic boost type product ).

I plan to try the nanolex on Barney since the wolfgang coating has been on for about 2.5 years now. I have not used any topped other than Wolfgang detail spritz as a drying aid / quick detailer after a wash with Reset.

more to follow

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
F11 top coat ?
:ming:

Depends on what you want out of a machine.
Rupes has forced rotation, long throw dual action and rotary
flex has forced rotation
griots offers a long throw dual action
porter cable, griot's, rupes, harbor freight all offer a smaller, lighter duty dual action machine.

knock off ? sure, shinemaster ( also known as max shine ) offers a rupes esque longthrow for less money. they also offer a porter cable esque knock off

chemical guys has their torq machines.... I would buy a shine master knock off before using the CG machins

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Yo Gav, do you have an affiliate link for Iron-X? I need to pick up some for the new ride prior to me coating the car.

Also need refs for cleaning up textured black plastic that has wax residue on it! Thanks bud!

I have a video called How to maintain a ceramic coating... there should be a link for Iron X there.... if not, then use any link on a newer video and then just search for Iron X, I still get credit. :jg:

And as for the textured plastic, apparently Meg's #39 is the bombski
per Obsessed Garage's tour.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I have a video called How to maintain a ceramic coating... there should be a link for Iron X there.... if not, then use any link on a newer video and then just search for Iron X, I still get credit. :jg:

And as for the textured plastic, apparently Meg's #39 is the bombski

per Obsessed Garage's tour.

You are the bomb diggity! Thanks bud

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So what is everyone using for leather cleaners/conditioners? More specifically any special products or techniques for steering wheels? The leather on this bmw steering wheel is really soft and smooth so I dont want to use something too abrasive on it, or use anything that will leave any oily or greasy residues behind.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Image will probably be compressed but that's ok.

IMG_20190629_134320.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
So what is everyone using for leather cleaners/conditioners? More specifically any special products or techniques for steering wheels? The leather on this bmw steering wheel is really soft and smooth so I dont want to use something too abrasive on it, or use anything that will leave any oily or greasy residues behind.

I used poorboys leather stuff on my mustang and absolutely loved that stuff. I think I sent the rest to [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] to use. Kevin was the guy who put me on to that stuff when he still had his detailing business. The smell was awesome. I always went back and wiped the excess off pretty good. Never had any oily issues. Just clean smooth great smelling leather.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

Pan has an interesting video on colour lock.
I will post it when I am on my lap top

To be honest, woolite cleans interior components quite well.
Especially a soft smooth leather steering wheel.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKJXGRneJg&t=1243s

there is alot of technical info in this video because the guys from colour lock explain the types of leather and how to care for it. I bought 2 of their kits but havent used it yet.

I typically use woolite to clean leather. Leather masters conditioner is pretty good. leave a very matte, natural look. It is not slippery or greasy.
I have also used Griot's 3n1 leather care as a "conditioner"
also pretty good for not very much money.

I used CG leather cleaner....it's okay... I wouldnt spend the money again

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
What color is it ? I'd like to say yes but if the washing and drying method is not on point I don't think it would be as beneficial.

Obsessed garage has a video @ the rupes training center and they take a few minutes to discuss coatings vs traditional waxes / sealants.
If there is a risk of swirls / marring / light scratches, you would not want a coating because compounding would be needed to essentially remove the coating....then the paint correction can be done.

i explained this to my neighbor and he's like, wouldnt the swirls be in the coating ?
You would think but I guess thats not exactly how they work
:obama:

Thread Info