đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Autogeek? I was missing shit on my last order as well

Yup. Autogeek. Assholes. I put an email into them. This weekend would have been a good time to treat the GTO since I've got a 4 day weekend, but I guess not now. But the BMW will probably get washed as we've had almost a solid week of non-stop high winds and blowing dust, mixed in with random outbursts of slight rain, so the bmw looks prettttty bad right now.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Version 2 of my pressure washer station is almost complete. I'm clearly not a carpenter but it works.
New cox reel, washing machine hose and whip. Old pump and 60 gallon RO tank.
The pressure washer doesnt move anymore. I love it the hoses dont get tangled up anymore.

MWyI7lE.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Yup. Autogeek. Assholes. I put an email into them. This weekend would have been a good time to treat the GTO since I've got a 4 day weekend, but I guess not now. But the BMW will probably get washed as we've had almost a solid week of non-stop high winds and blowing dust, mixed in with random outbursts of slight rain, so the bmw looks prettttty bad right now.

Amazon man.... Spend the 30 buck and get the gto doneski

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Washed the bmw. I couldn't take it anymore. :rofl: It was so bad, I was embarrassed to drive it anymore. But after I dried it off w/ the blower, the water spots that were left were really hard to get out w/ my reload/ech2o quick detail solution. When I first put this coating on water spots came out like they were nothing. I guess it has been alllllmost 3 months since I put the coating on, and my car is out in the elements more than its not. Maybe it's time for another Reload top coat?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
My oldest got his car yesterday, so I gave them a little class on paint correction. Clay bar, buff, polish, and wax. My youngest sucked it all up...he is going to offer it as a service this summer to make a few bucks. Car came out nice.

Attachments

• 3CFEFC78-CB7A-4397-AE90-A57ACBE54DFD.jpg
    3CFEFC78-CB7A-4397-AE90-A57ACBE54DFD.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 93
  • BF797728-35B4-4672-AD1D-B415AE418B36.jpg
    BF797728-35B4-4672-AD1D-B415AE418B36.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 88

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Washed the bmw. I couldn't take it anymore. :rofl: It was so bad, I was embarrassed to drive it anymore. But after I dried it off w/ the blower, the water spots that were left were really hard to get out w/ my reload/ech2o quick detail solution. When I first put this coating on water spots came out like they were nothing. I guess it has been alllllmost 3 months since I put the coating on, and my car is out in the elements more than its not. Maybe it's time for another Reload top coat?

Ceramic coatings are prone to water spots.... Not sure what the severity of the rain is out by you.... or the hardness of the water.
Was it from rain or sprinklers ? if sprinklers, try and clean the affected areas.

The Ech2O as a waterless wash / rinseless wash works real well with the CQ

You can apply Reload as many time as you want.... I would think every 4-6 months would be "routine"

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
White is very hard to get a good shot of showing the depth of paint.

Coatings that are applied within a year or so are NOT prone to showing water spots, unless maintenance has been poor or the prep prior to the coating was poor.

I applied my coating (McKees 37) in July 2017 and I do not get water spots, but, I get next to zero showings of hydrophobic properties. Its probably been worn off.

Just bought Carpro UK 3.0 and looking forward to applying it. Been out of the game for a couple of years after nearly 15 years of non-youtube video detailing.

Slightly nervous, but, also excited to be putting a new coating on the Rango.

Will post some results later on.
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] for being a good dude and knowledgeable guy.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Got to hand wash for the first time in months today. Found out that agitating the iron x with a small boars hair brush in the cracks around trim works wonders. I’ve had staining under the window trim I couldn’t get to with a mitt for a year.

What’s the verdict on wheel coating? I’m getting some bronze Konigs in a couple weeks and would like to not be fighting an uphill battle to keep them clean. I’ve read a few pieces on detailed image and am thinking of giving the Gyeon rim a shot. Any one have any experience with coating wheels?

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Got to hand wash for the first time in months today. Found out that agitating the iron x with a small boars hair brush in the cracks around trim works wonders. I’ve had staining under the window trim I couldn’t get to with a mitt for a year.

What’s the verdict on wheel coating? I’m getting some bronze Konigs in a couple weeks and would like to not be fighting an uphill battle to keep them clean. I’ve read a few pieces on detailed image and am thinking of giving the Gyeon rim a shot. Any one have any experience with coating wheels?

I have used / applied GTechniq C5 wheel armour.
so far so good.

I'm planning to apply this to the truck wheels once there's a dry weekend.

Thread Info