đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, the 911 is finally getting the paint correction, ceramic coating, and clear bra restoration. So far the paint is coming out spectacular. Before and after...

received_2475929999301954.jpeg

received_381579465772982.jpeg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Was gonna wash the BMW today because it looks awful, but I get up this morning and see a 20% chance of rain suddenly in the forecast for monday :angrys00ls: So I decided to wash the GTO instead because it was equally as awful looking, and since the BMW is protected, it can take another week of abuse.

The GTO is definitely in need of some protection, and I do wanna ceramic coat it, but now that the temps are already reaching 100 degrees almost daily, I am definitely not doing anything until the weather cools back down in winter. But I am shopping for something to put on there just to give me some kinda protection thru the summer and maybe make it a little easier to wash like the BMW. I'm thinking I just might coat it with some Reload, since you can technically use that as a standalone sealant.

What about Bead Maker, used on my Tahoe and pretty impressed. Iirc Gav did a video on it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779KCS7D/?tag=tcg21-20

I have yet to use Bead Maker. But my friends who have used it rave about it. But it is a short term solution. It doesn't last long. But using it as a drying agent should help extend the usefulness to a few months.

I suggest a thorough wash and a clay before adding the protection.
Reload will work for a few months and since you have it, it makes sense.

Bead maker can be purchased from Amazon for a decent price.

Optimum Car Wax is a good product.

Gyeon can coat is a sprayable coating.... but again, you're spending money when you already have a temp solution

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Also yesterday a bee thought my bright green microfiber wash mitt was a flower. Probably due to the sweet smelling honeydew snow foam. So I had that going for me. :rofl: And then when the sun started to set the mosquitos descended and started dive bombing my legs. WTF. I thought I was living in Arizona......

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
WHAT IS THIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49UeM2SVGc

If you're gonna go thru all the steps anyways, why not just go w/ the big boy ceramic :rofl: I will admit for the average joe user the application of this is dead nuts simple. But really, so is a full ceramic coat. It's not much cheaper than the UK 3.0 formula, and for only 6 months protection? ehh.

The only thing Im curious about is what sort of hardness this cures at. Cuz I'm pretty sure I could get the same sort of hydrophobic protection out of the hyrdro2 w/ a reload top coat, but I know Im not getting the sort of 9H protection that a full ceramic provides..

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp AG has yet another 25% off sale and free shipping over $75, (for the next few hours anyways) so I went shopping. :rofl:

Picked up a bottle of hydro2 lite, which is the pre-mixed stuff, a nanoskin fine grade clay mitt, some chemical guys mr. pink to use as a super sudsy lube, and some carpro eraser, even tho i do still have some griots paint prep leftover from my bmw. I wanted to also get another 128oz jug of HD snow foam cuz I'm almost out, but they were out of stock. :madfawk:

So next time its time to wash the GTO, which may be awhile since I just washed it last weekend, i'll hit it w/ my chemical guys clean slate, give it a quick once over w/ the clay mitt, give it a once over w/ eraser just to be thorough, then hit it w/ the hydro2 and finish w/ a coat of reload and see how that holds up over the summer.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
This is perfect for me. Lol. Because I’m lazy and my chronic pain flares up. If I do too much.

https://www.autogeek.net/griots-best-of-show-spray-wax.html
Marko you have to be the post deleting king.. [emoji23]
Did you ever find a good car duster? [emoji12]

Here.. 20% off and same day shipping.. [emoji106]
AmAzOn
Happy Road Car Duster, High Decontamination Car Brush Duster, Car Microfiber Duster with Extendable Handle - Exterior/Interior Use – Lint Free – Scratch Free

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
16oz not available on Amazon?
I have a gallon and can send some to you :rofl:

I usually buy the gallon jug myself. :rofl: looks like Amazon has it with a 10% coupon right now. I'm not completely desperate for it yet. Still got enough for maybe 1 or 2 washes. The only thing I use it for on my BMW now is a prewash soak to loosen up all the grit.

Thread Info