Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Guess my efforts paid off today. 20190714_162632.jpeg

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] or anyone else that may know the answer.
Will the PDR process effect my ceramic coating at all? Obviously the panels that get replaced will need to be redone once cured. Just not sure about the PDR process effecting the ceramic.
Thanks in advance

Our pdr guy used to have an issue getting the glue to stick if he went that route, as long as they dont use any polish you should be good.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I hadn’t used the WG DGPS 3.0 last year and went back to it this year. I like it a lot.

I’ve been watching YouTube videos on gtechniq C5 application (Gav you’re on the first page of results) and it doesn’t look too bad. Need to pickup my wheels this week and get it done.

it's not difficult at all.
Read the directions and wait the "flash time"
goes on and comes off super easy.

nothing to worry about !

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
What's everybody use for aluminum polish?
I've been using Mother's on the Billets on my Biscayne and while it does a fine job I have found it to leave a slight haze to the finish. Power or hand use same result.

https://youtu.be/MGT4scNCTWk

He refinishes metal as one of his businesses
He likes the mothers

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
it's not difficult at all.

Read the directions and wait the "flash time"

goes on and comes off super easy.

nothing to worry about !

Really wasn’t that bad of a job. The applicators started leaving lint towards the end of each wheel using the smooth side but it all wiped off when buffing with the MF towel. Having to wait 12 hour sucks but I don’t want to rush it and effect its longevity.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I’m reading it should last a year or more. With these wheels not seeing winter I’m hoping to get 2 summers out of the coating. Will be interesting to see what the process is to strip and reapply when the time comes. I can’t exactly get in here with a buffer.

abd82500eb5a39ff909273fd06511bf1.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
heavy chemicals.... possible optimum power clean @ full strength a couple times.

I applied it to my wheels in Feb of 2018.... albeit on the Camaro which is a garage kept summer vehicle.

I plan to coat the wheels on my truck soon... if it wasnt 100* this week I would be doing it while I'm off.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
heavy chemicals.... possible optimum power clean @ full strength a couple times.

I applied it to my wheels in Feb of 2018.... albeit on the Camaro which is a garage kept summer vehicle.

I plan to coat the wheels on my truck soon... if it wasnt 100* this week I would be doing it while I'm off.

I made the mistake of putting them on the car the other day. Even working in the garage I sweat through everything. Even the ankles of my jeans were wet.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] I used ironX and carpro reload for the first time this weekend. Definitely made a difference. I think I used over half the bottle of IronX...though a lot of that just blew back in my face then made it to my eyes as I was sweating bullets in the heat :lmao:

carpro reload is awesome, made the surface more smooth, but also made the high spots in my coating more visible lol. I'm still mad at myself for that. I think one weekend in August I'm going to buff the coating off and try WG 3.0

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] I used ironX and carpro reload for the first time this weekend. Definitely made a difference. I think I used over half the bottle of IronX...though a lot of that just blew back in my face then made it to my eyes as I was sweating bullets in the heat :lmao:

carpro reload is awesome, made the surface more smooth, but also made the high spots in my coating more visible lol. I'm still mad at myself for that. I think one weekend in August I'm going to buff the coating off and try WG 3.0

you can try removing the high spots by hand with a MF towel and some compound.

what size iron x ? 3-4 cars out of a 1000ml bottle is about right. depending on size and amount of contamination.

glad the process worked for you. the reload should help stretch the coating another year ( another application or two before winter )

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I'll be detailing and ceramic coating my Boss 302 in the next week or two and I'm finally getting deep into my second fox body project. I'll try to document and post threads on both.
[MENTION=11202]LikeABauce302[/MENTION]

what coating are you going with ?

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I bought the Pinnacle Black Label kit from autogeek. It has the paint coating, wheel coating, and glass coating. I'm going to polish the car with chemical guys V34 and V36 polishes for surface prep.

Post some pictures when done !

Has anyone tried this? Claims to work for 2 years. Saw it on amazon

9fdb8055b95d77792a713f91293254df.jpg

I have not. Check YouTube for reviews
CarPro dlux or gyeon trim should do the job as well.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Gave the GTO a much needed once over this weekend. At least as much of a once over as I was willing to give it in 110 degree heat :rofl:

Foamed it w/ honeydew to loosen up all the surface junk. Then washed w/ chemical guys strip wash, then gave it a quick clay w/ a clay mitt and some mr. pink soap (first time using a clay mitt, definitely wont be my last), then sprayed the entire car (even the wheels and exhaust tips) with Hydro2 lite, and then today finished it off with a top coat of Reload for some extra protection and slickness.

I gotta say I'm quite impressed w/ the Hydro2 lite. SUPER easy to use, the results are instant, and I gotta say I was quite surprised and impressed w/ the level of slickness the paint had w/ the just the Hydro2. I noticed it when I used it on my BMW last week as well, but I just figured the ceramic was helping to contribute to it. But even on my bare GTO it felt just as slick. Combine that w/ the Reload and I feel like my GTO will have plenty of protection for months to come.

Thread Info