Stock 3800 long block good for how much power?

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
e85 for us has been extremely easy to tune with on the turdbo car... 22psi hot laps.. no KR at all.

But C16 like you said has more pluses over e85... just much more $$ to get... and gotta get 55 gallon drum and stick it somewhere, ect ect.

Once I finally have a car back ill really have to evaluate it... :s00ls:

Turbo Cars are way easier to tune with much cooler air charge.

I'm talking about S/C with no IC and a tiny pulley.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
My ls2 with 105k miles with a rod knock...
And my stg7 ftl 4l70e trans.
And circle d billet converter with triple lock up.

Really happy about the last two...
But i was really tempted to install an l67
uploadfromtaptalk1443052138746.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443052147711.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443052154833.jpg

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Id laugh my ass off to see a L67 in a TBSS haha would certainly make some people scratch their heads and think you are insane LOL!

People want ridiculous amount of money for LS motors. Like they are made of Gold or something. it's 4000-5000$ for a complete shortblock used...
And you aren't even sure if it's good because these motors can sometimes have rod knock as early as 30-40k if you aren't lucky.

I just bought one for 2K so I got really lucky. 60k miles on the motor. Hope it's good...

But I can get l67 for 500$ spent 1K of goodies on it... if I blow it.. who cares. Although I could never get one to blow up...
Much smaller motor too, would be really easy to turbocharge it (space). I bet it's more reliable in the long run too and cheaper maintenance. And it can make about the same power safely.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
E85 is not nearly as knock resistant as C16.
I tried it in my 2.6 pulleyd GTP and it took some fiddling around because I had no intercooler. Just a mix of c16 and pump and I saw no knock.

Leaded race fuel like C16 have a lot more tolerance to lean knock. It's also a lot more stable (less chance of pre ignition) and can control knock better (if knock occurs, it can stop it better once conditions are improved)

Basically it's way easier to tune and everything doesn't need to be perfect. Which is nice for peace of mind.

Ran lean at 30 psi of boost on my old Twin Engine because of a failing relay. It will still triggering the pump but it was weak signal and dropping fuel pressure. Thanks to C16 I never knocked or hurt the engine.

Simple, very cheap race gas performance and knock resistance....methanol.

Ran 93/100%meth on my turbo Z and no matter how much I jacked the timing advance, I couldn't get it to knock. Never ever saw a single knock count running meth.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Simple, very cheap race gas performance and knock resistance....methanol.
For the record I have methanol injection in most street cars I have. It enables a lot more boost and timing. But it's not like leaded race fuel (especially C16, Q16 or VP import). That is much higher octane.

But 98-100% pure yes...
e85 quality varies a lot. Our E85 here isn't that good. About comparable in knock resistance to good quality AV gas 100ll

Maybe your US E85 is better quality because I see people doing some good stuff with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info