• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

So what do you think?

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Jun 20, 2007
I woudn't drive on those full time. How much does he want for them (if you dont mind)?

I dont drive the car much if you couldnt tell by the milage... but I want to keep the TT2's and then snag these for the track setup. I might leave them on for the local cars shows as well. He is asking $900 for the full setup which are brand new.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
:eek3: If it was me i would just get the et streets for the rims you already have. Just cruise those for the summer? Automatic cars and drag radials work perfectly, stick shift cars with drag radials FTL.

Hey now... I resemble that comment, sir! I was cutting 1.7s on my 275 Nittos on the stock motor, sprayin out of the hole. It CAN be done. :D

Just workin the kinks outta the car as it stands now and the MTs will be fine :D

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
:ugh: Turk comin on hard with his normal banter. Bitchin how cars have to be in the single digits to be wearing slicks and skinnies.

Your slicks and skinnies really helped you get high 12s. Just my opinion, but when I see a car with slicks and skinnies running 13s I think to myself, RICER! People always bitch at import owners for putting wings on their car because FWD doesn't require much downforce on the rear wheels. Same thing can be said for a car that has slicks and skinnies running 13s! Slicks and skinnies aren't produced for looks, so driving around with them on because you think they look cool is just plain stupid, they are made for pure performance at the drag strip, and when you run 13s at the drag strip, you look like a fool.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Your slicks and skinnies really helped you get high 12s. Just my opinion, but when I see a car with slicks and skinnies running 13s I think to myself, RICER! People always bitch at import owners for putting wings on their car because FWD doesn't require much downforce on the rear wheels. Same thing can be said for a car that has slicks and skinnies running 13s! Slicks and skinnies aren't produced for looks, so driving around with them on because you think they look cool is just plain stupid, they are made for pure performance at the drag strip, and when you run 13s at the drag strip, you look like a fool.

I don't drive around on them. They are for the track. It's cool, Turk. I'll hit the 10s in the car before the year is up. Maybe then you'll have some respect.

My car wasn't quite right last time out. Not to mention its the first time to the track in the car in a year, new clutch, new suspension, new tune, etc etc. Give me a chance, son. Damn.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I don't drive around on them. They are for the track. It's cool, Turk. I'll hit the 10s in the car before the year is up. Maybe then you'll have some respect.

My car wasn't quite right last time out. Not to mention its the first time to the track in the car in a year, new clutch, new suspension, new tune, etc etc. Give me a chance, son. Damn.

You run 10s and I'll give you respect, absolutely. Gentlemens bet says you won't run 10s before 2009 is up.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
We'll see, I'll make the bet in person at the track.

53927weaksauce.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
It's funny cause everyone on here thinks that just because you have X amount of power, it's easy to get into the 10s. Everbody was blowing Ranger on the vette boards because he got 10.9X on the Zr1, a car making damn near 600 to the wheels!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info