Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Please ONLY use this for technical questions, don't abuse this...this cost me money and I don't want to turn it off. By default, the Technical section allows for AI replies. Post your question and then refresh until the bot provides an answer (typically 30 seconds or less).

If you quote the bot's reply, it will provide more answers. Enjoy.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You CAN turn this off (on a per thread basis) if you don't want any AI replies.

1701809567459.png

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Oh, and the LS1 head torque specs thread wasn't entirely correct. Close, but not complete. There were two head designs IIRC correctly and there is a final pass on each design that is different. Again, IIRC.

Not trying to split hairs, just saying, it isn't perfect yet.

Reactions: sktchy

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh, and the LS1 head torque specs thread wasn't entirely correct. Close, but not complete. There were two head designs IIRC correctly and there is a final pass on each design that is different. Again, IIRC.

It was a fairly generic question, so you'll get a generic reply. I also used the basic reply on that one before switching settings, so maybe the more detailed option will be better.

Reactions: sktchy and v6buicks

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

ok, so the other is go another 70 degrees after hitting torque spec, right?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
ok, so the other is go another 70 degrees after hitting torque spec, right?

First design was something like 90* all bolts after initial 22ft/lb, then 90* all bolts except medium length bolts at front and rear of head, then those medium bolts 50*

I think the second design had 22lb/ft, then 90* all bolts, then final pass at 70*.

Again, it's been awhile.

Thread Info