Shawn does Riviera Maya v2022

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So its that time again, our annul vacation where we travel with a ton of friends/family. Family of 4 flew in Saturday, family of 8 flew in Sunday, my son and his GF flew in Monday and 21 of us flew in Tuesday. We got a good group and like half the crew is new to this trip. Have a few people who havent done the trip with us in 6-7yrs here as well. It was my Wifes B Day yesterday as well, we usually try and incorporate that and my God Daughters b day (today) with our trip. Its a whole different vibe here with Covid and a lot of things we could normally do in the past is no longer allowed. Bunch of dumb shit, walk up bar near the ocean, you need a mask to order drinks, but you can go to the swim up bar in the pool and sit there with 20 people maskless????
I think 10-12 of us are staying on the Adults Only side which is the better side. Top shelf alcohol and better food. But the party is on the poor peoples side as we call it. Its not bad, but we just tease our people that stay over on the kids side lol. I'll try to update the thread by days.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Tuesday
So I think I've mentioned how my Daughters fiancée was scared shitless to come to Mexico. His parents both LEO Fed and local brainwashed him with all lies.
Told my Daughter not to wear her ring, because Pirates come to the beaches on jet skis, rob people of their jewelry then take off. I'm dead fucking serious they said that. So he has been dreading this trip, they sat next to us on the flight down here yesterday. He was scared shitless on the plane, I found out he is also afraid of flying lol. My Daughters friend from work came as well and she is also engaged to a Cop thats from the same place my Daughters fiancée is a cop from.

Left the house about 5am for a 7:20am flight. Ohare was a breeze to get thru, took us longer to get coffee from DD in terminal 5 than it did to get thru baggage check in and security. After a hour delay at Ohare and we had to sit on the plane that whole time. They literally only had 2 guys to load the luggage at Ohare. Same issue in Cancun, very short staffed, took 1.5hrs for 21 of us to get all out luggage. Hit up the bar outside of the Cancun airport and slammed some beers and fruity drinks. Bought 10 Caumos (like a 40oz) of Dosequis XX for the 1hr ride to our resort. Daughters fiancée drinking some beer kinda took the edge off for him. He enjoyed the scenery on the bus trip, he couldnt believe how poor it was. I told him that aint shit, he needs to see real Mexico if he wants to see poor. Cop buddy of his younger dude but super cool. He was busting jokes on daughters fiancée about being afraid of Mexico lol. Just our luck being how terrified he is of Mexico. He of all people leaves his bookbag on the transportation bus. Had $600 cash in it and some sandals, sunglasses and other minor shit. They finally located his bag today and will be bringing it to the resort some time today. Curious to see if his cash and glasses are still in there. Thats all the money he brought with, so I told him let me know what he needs. He said he will wait to see when his bag gets here.

Got to resort, checked in washed up and continued drinking until 2am, some people stayed out till 4am lol. Was a fun fucking night, cant even recall how many shots we did. We brought out own bottles of 1942 and White Hennesy, killed those on top of numerous shots from the bar. Younger kid with my sons GF family had his welcome to Mexico moment. Threw up all over the place including on my guy Chino's back, lmmfao. Chino had a nice ass Jordan jersey on and that kid barfed all over it. We put him on a golf cart with us to get him back to his room, puked all over the back of that. This is right after he was making out with some young chick lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Forgot to mention, few guys went to Playa yesterday before we got here to grab a oz of weed. These are new comers and I told them the other day, bring your own. The only good thing out here is the coke. Sure as shit they got junk, my guy Pollack who flew with us yesterday brought 1/2oz of weed from home. He lol at the idiots who bought it out here and told them you shoulda listened to Shawn. Told them $25 for a joint of his shit he brought, they bought one lmmfao.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Some pics from Tuesday night

Mexico 1.jpg

Mexico 2.jpg

Mexico 3.jpg

Mexico 4.jpg

Mexico 5.jpg

Mexico 6.jpg

Mexico 7.jpg

Mexico 8.jpg

Mexico 9.jpg

Mexico 10.jpg

Mexico 11.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Shawn, out of curiosity, what percentage of your crew down there speaks enough Spanish to get by? I know the resorts heavily cater to english speakers, but wondering if when going to town you'll be okay not knowing any spanish when asking for particular items.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn, out of curiosity, what percentage of your crew down there speaks enough Spanish to get by? I know the resorts heavily cater to english speakers, but wondering if when going to town you'll be okay not knowing any spanish when asking for particular items.
Probably 50/50 we have Mexicans, Ricans and a Cuban with us. My Wife and I understand it better than we speak it. But going in to town here would be Playa.
You would be 100% fine knowing no Spanish at all. A ton of people in Playa speak English, and you could always use Google Translate if it really came down to it.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
LMAO at all the Squirt bottles! I can’t do tequila and Squirt that much anymore, for whatever stupid reason my body decided it HATES that combo and I get uncomfortably bloated and can’t even drink water or put anything into my stomach.

Or maybe I should quit trying to finish the bottle of tequila in the process, it might help.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
LMAO at all the Squirt bottles! I can’t do tequila and Squirt that much anymore, for whatever stupid reason my body decided it HATES that combo and I get uncomfortably bloated and can’t even drink water or put anything into my stomach.

Or maybe I should quit trying to finish the bottle of tequila in the process, it might help.
Thats my go to, love that shit. The more you drink during the night, the less Squirt you should be using. Until its pretty much Patron on the rocks.
We brought the Squirt from our side of the resort as they dont have it on that side.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wednesday
Hung out at the beach pretty much from 10a-3p, water was awesome. We did some day drinking but with most of the crew recovering from Tuesday night we kept the day drinking to a minimum. Went out to the Hibachi reservation restaurant for my God Daughters 6th B Day, food was fire!!! Between 10 of us (4 couples and 2 kids), we tipped $40. They put on a cool show and are very attentive to your needs. Looking around at other groups, none of them tip. Pretty sure they are Canadians or from Europe because they are all cheap fucks.

After dinner, it was time to party again. Fucking left my phone in the room charging so no pics. But I'll get some from others.
Karaoke night at the lobby, 2 of our drunks got up there and made fools of themselves. NFG as they had fun and thats what its all about. Talked one of the bartenders on our side to sell us 2 bottles of Don Julio and he did for $25. Brought it to the other side where the karaoke was and tons of people (guests) asking us where we got it from, just told them we brought it from home. We wound up at the Sports Bar thats open until 4am, killed those 2 bottles just doing shots, on top of a bunch of other shots from the bar. The Wife and I left at 2am, not sure how late the other 8-10 people stayed. Havent rcvd a group text from anyone saying they are at the beach yet, so I'm guessing everyone is hungover today lol.

Had some ignorant French Canadians just come to our area in the lobby where we gathered like 20 chairs and put them all together. He just came and helped himself to 2 of our chairs without asking. Me and Chino marched over there and took them right back and asked the guy who the fuck is he to just came take our chairs. He said we werent sitting in them and he needed them. I told him, had he asked we probably would have gave them to him, but since he didnt, he can go fuck himself. He didnt like that very much and proceeded to mean mug us the rest of the night lol. Funny story of the night, my daughters fiancé was sitting with us in the lobby. Heard a small boom and all the power went out in the lobby and surrounding areas. He had a nervous look on his face and I told him its the cartel, they cut the power so they can come pull a hit on someone lol. He said, "Shawn if I wasnt so fucking drunk, I'd 100% be shitting my pants, but as of now IDGAF" lol.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I went to Cancun the week before Christmas for a wedding with my GF. Other than the flight back being one of the bumpiest I have every been on the flight situation was great. No delays, no cancellations. Our suburban got a flat on the way to the resort and we were stuck under an underpass in Cancun for about 25 minutes which was a little unsettling. I also was on anti-biotics for half the trip so that sucked. Nobody but the staff wore masks anywhere on the resort. I also never felt unsafe.

That all being said I will never travel out of the country while all this covid bullshit it going on. Having to test the day before you leave, not being able to check into the flight with out the results and all the added forms and bullshit you need to fill out before being able to get through security at the Mexico airport was bullshit. It was extremely stressful for no reason.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I went to Cancun the week before Christmas for a wedding with my GF. Other than the flight back being one of the bumpiest I have every been on the flight situation was great. No delays, no cancellations. Our suburban got a flat on the way to the resort and we were stuck under an underpass in Cancun for about 25 minutes which was a little unsettling. I also was on anti-biotics for half the trip so that sucked. Nobody but the staff wore masks anywhere on the resort. I also never felt unsafe.

That all being said I will never travel out of the country while all this covid bullshit it going on. Having to test the day before you leave, not being able to check into the flight with out the results and all the added forms and bullshit you need to fill out before being able to get through security at the Mexico airport was bullshit. It was extremely stressful for no reason.

Who's wedding? My buddy was married there that week, wonder if we know the same people. :bowrofl:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Thats my go to, love that shit. The more you drink during the night, the less Squirt you should be using. Until its pretty much Patron on the rocks.
We brought the Squirt from our side of the resort as they dont have it on that side.
This reminds me when I used to come home from work (in construction). I'd always have a bottle of Patron, and I'd drink a couple glasses on the rocks. Loved that shit. Then I slowed down on the drinking for a while.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info