Shawn does Riviera Maya v2022

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I went to Cancun the week before Christmas for a wedding with my GF. Other than the flight back being one of the bumpiest I have every been on the flight situation was great. No delays, no cancellations. Our suburban got a flat on the way to the resort and we were stuck under an underpass in Cancun for about 25 minutes which was a little unsettling. I also was on anti-biotics for half the trip so that sucked. Nobody but the staff wore masks anywhere on the resort. I also never felt unsafe.

That all being said I will never travel out of the country while all this covid bullshit it going on. Having to test the day before you leave, not being able to check into the flight with out the results and all the added forms and bullshit you need to fill out before being able to get through security at the Mexico airport was bullshit. It was extremely stressful for no reason.
Bro, thats straight WPP (white people problems) and I'm as white as they come

Unsettling how? Did you think the cartel or someone was going to come rob you guys? If that was us, we would have walked a block or 2 and grabbed a case of beer and made the most out of a shitty situation in getting a flat tire.
Where did you stay, in Cancun or did you fly into Cancun and stay somewhere else?

Yes the Covid test to come home is BS, but literally takes 10 minutes. What bullshit did you have to fill out to go thru security in Mexico. You have the Immigration paperwork that takes 5 minutes that is nothing new. Then you have the health questionnaire which is new and literally takes 5 minutes to do on your phone. We all did that at Ohare while waiting to board and they didnt even ask for that QR code when we landed.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I see a lot of Sox fans with you. Smart people.

I'm headed to Cancun at the end of March.
I've told you guys I have a ton of family and close friends that are SUX fans. Its all love with us, we bust balls and keep it moving.
We actually were talking mad shit to each other Tuesday night lol. The SUX fan pics your seeing is my younger brother and my guy Pollack

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Thursday afternoon.
3 Kings Day here and its a big deal for the kids. We hung out on the beach until they started the 3 king festivities which was right next to where we were at the beach. Moved our party to one of the pools. Basically made our own section of seating and held down our own spot in the pool. We had the wireless speaker and played our music in the pool where we were kicking it at. Before you know it, we had the party area. MFers from St Louis, Miami, and Texas all kicking it with us. We were loud AF, and were probably the talk of the resort lol. We straight up partied hard with all these people. My son went and hit up our connect for 3 bottles of Don Julio. Basically had bottle service at the pool lol. Met some dude who partied with us and 100% has to be Cartel connected. Kind of a dorkey looking dude with the baddest bitch I've ever seen out here. Words cant describe how bad of a bitch she was. Even my Wife and the girls with us said, she is a bad bitch lol. This Mfer was tipping people in $50's and all the workers knew who he was and you can tell they were intimated by him. Super cool dude and we are supposed to hook up with him and his bitch tonight to party some more. Didnt take many pics as we were too damn busy partying these are actually all taken before our area turned into party central lol.

781D1F73-8466-4860-848E-D4AE92C26B38.jpeg

2155FC63-BD9D-44D2-AF48-13DE5816170C.jpeg

80E01713-AFA0-4176-8B8E-DD7E7496C419.jpeg

FF4E67EB-326A-47DE-8A17-F21DFA192BD5.jpeg

F157CE88-C063-4A86-BEC8-07EEB4A01124.jpeg

83A3BB36-286F-4A9A-AB4A-C3677B11EBFC.jpeg

BB985982-3678-44E8-B2FA-A065D3BB2A5B.jpeg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I have a feeling we'd Def be on other sides of the resorts. Lmao.

The crew drinks but they are reserved. We get crazy playing volleyball but rest of the time just chill poolside.

Does that resort have like a fun team that's responsible for games and sports/entertainment?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I have a feeling we'd Def be on other sides of the resorts. Lmao.

The crew drinks but they are reserved. We get crazy playing volleyball but rest of the time just chill poolside.

Does that resort have like a fun team that's responsible for games and sports/entertainment?
You gotta spread your wings bro, move around and meet people. Everywhere we have stayed since our kids have been of age is the adult side.
But I can 100% promise you the party is always on the other side at night time. Adult side cool especially for the better food and top shelf alcohol, or to just chill here and there. But you get the rich fucks that think they are too good for the other side. Shit, they see me walk into the adult side lobby in a white T and Jordans and the rich folks assume I'm hired help lol.

Most of the kids are leaving tomorrow and Saturday. So we will kick it at the Infinity pool on the adult side for a few days. You should see the looks we get just because of how we talk and or our music. The minute they hear one of us say "nigga" they lose their fucking minds.
We arent assholes with the music until someone pisses off, after that go fuck yourself, your better off leaving as we are going to make the rest of your day miserable!

Yes and every resort I've been too has a fun team. Here they are called POP People of Palldium
We play volleyball as well but not until we got a good buzz going, makes it a better time.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Bro, thats straight WPP (white people problems) and I'm as white as they come

Unsettling how? Did you think the cartel or someone was going to come rob you guys? If that was us, we would have walked a block or 2 and grabbed a case of beer and made the most out of a shitty situation in getting a flat tire.
Where did you stay, in Cancun or did you fly into Cancun and stay somewhere else?

Yes the Covid test to come home is BS, but literally takes 10 minutes. What bullshit did you have to fill out to go thru security in Mexico. You have the Immigration paperwork that takes 5 minutes that is nothing new. Then you have the health questionnaire which is new and literally takes 5 minutes to do on your phone. We all did that at Ohare while waiting to board and they didnt even ask for that QR code when we landed.
Well I'm fucking white...

I don't like to fuck around in other countries. I'll go to some sketchy ass neighborhoods in the Chicago and other cities in the US, but not in Mexico. I want to get to my resort as fast as possible and keep my happy ass there. Sitting under a bridge in a disabled vehicle while truck whip past 3" to me left was unsettling.

Flew into Cancun and stayed in Cancun on Playa Mujeres. We stayed at Finest Mujeres. Great place.

Wait till you get back to the Cancun airport and try using their wifi to fill out the questionnaire. A tip I wish I knew what that your airline (as log as it's not a budget) will give you a hard copy of the questionnaire. You can fill that out and walk straight into the security line. You'll see a lot of lost people standing around the line not knowing what to do. It's just a pain in the ass in general. We took our tests the day before and I had to hunt down the results so I could check into the flight. Not worth all of the added BS or me, I'll go to Florida instead until this is all done.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well I'm fucking white...

I don't like to fuck around in other countries. I'll go to some sketchy ass neighborhoods in the Chicago and other cities in the US, but not in Mexico. I want to get to my resort as fast as possible and keep my happy ass there. Sitting under a bridge in a disabled vehicle while truck whip past 3" to me left was unsettling.

Flew into Cancun and stayed in Cancun on Playa Mujeres. We stayed at Finest Mujeres. Great place.

Wait till you get back to the Cancun airport and try using their wifi to fill out the questionnaire. A tip I wish I knew what that your airline (as log as it's not a budget) will give you a hard copy of the questionnaire. You can fill that out and walk straight into the security line. You'll see a lot of lost people standing around the line not knowing what to do. It's just a pain in the ass in general. We took our tests the day before and I had to hunt down the results so I could check into the flight. Not worth all of the added BS or me, I'll go to Florida instead until this is all done.
Well it sounds like Mexico just isnt for you, or you just had a bad experience. That sucks as Mexico is truly very safe for tourists and can be a lot of fun.
We had people fly back yesterday and this morning and neither reported any issues, those questionnaires can be filled out at your resort as long as its within 12hrs of departure time. Sketchy neighborhoods in Chgo, you have a greater chance of being a victim of crime than in Mexico. We make the bus ride to our resort (60 miles south of cancun) a party. We bring beer, blue tooth radio, if we run out of beer we have the driver stop so we can get more.
aww man, I've stayed there a couple of times. I loved that bar, the banana monkey drinks were awesome.
Dirty Monkeys, those are fantastic.

Reactions: frank

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Thursday night was probably the "all in" night for everyone. We usually have one or 2 of those nights in a week. We got sooooooo fucked up, and from what I hear, we all went back to our rooms about 4am. I remember playing spades and telling the waitress just keep bringing the shots of Casadores, and thats about all I remember. I was supposed to be up at 7am for an excursion I paid $120 for, never made it lol. I didnt crawl out of bed until almost 1pm yesterday. Didnt take many pics either, but sent a ton of drunk texts lol. My Wife and one of her friends apparently stopped some young girl (16-18yrs old) from being raped. Apparently she was so trashed she couldnt hold her self up or even get her shoes on. My Wife and her friend overheard like 5 dudes in their early 20's talking about where they were going to take her. She said she was too afraid to tell us because of the condition we were in and knew it probably would have ended bad. So they talked to security who got the girl home safe. Sounds like she was there with her parents and they were in the room sleeping.....smfh.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Friday
100% recovery day. Woke up around 1pm, caught up on some emails and sent a few quotes out for work. Sat on the beach for a few hours just babying a few beers. Went back to my room at about 6pm, ordered room service. Went out about 8pm and was back in my room by 10pm sober as can be. Now that I'm re-charged, today should be a good day lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info