Shawn does Riviera Maya v2022

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Not really a risk, I've brought all kinds of shit back in the past. People here with us now are bringing shit back. If you get caught at Customs on the US side they will just confiscate it.

You would be very hard pressed to find real Cubans here. They sell "Cubans" but they are just average to above average cigars that they slap a Cuban/Cohiba sticker on them. Better off buying the fresh/hand rolled quality cigars where you pick the tobacco you want and the guy rolls them right in front of you. Someone like IZZy IZZy might know where to get real Cubans out here.

Been looking but haven’t found any legit places other than the ones you see on 5th that want to make you believe they are real Cubans.

Somebody has to have a plug and I will find it lol

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
When we did a trip to Jamaica (Bloody Bay) we had heard about some breweries that were off the reservation, and asked the resort bar tender (main lobby) how to get there for some samples and a tour. He strongly recommended that as pasty white americans we don't venture to that part of the island. It's not like something would happen to us, as tourism is such a huge part of the country's revenue and they wouldn't risk that drying up, but was still suggested we don't. The tender said he had family in the area of the breweries and would have them get us some, just come back to the bar the next day. Asked him how much to cover everything, and he said $20. We all pitched in and gave him about $200 for his effort, his family's effort, and for the beer. His eyes damn near exploded.

Next day we come to see him and he walks us behind the bar. Two HUGE coolers filled with all kinds of local beers. He tried to give us back $100 saying we gave him too much. We wouldn't have it, keep the extra and spread it around to whomever you see should get some. The service they provided during our stay was outstanding.

He put our beers in a separate refrigerator and gave us a second wristband of a different color. Then put that same wristband on the fridge. Told us just come and get what we want, when we wanted it, just show the wristband so they knew it was ours.

Their appreciation of our generosity was overwhelming. We were there for a week, so made sure housekeeping got a nice chunk too. I was in my own room and gave my person a $50 (this was 2012). When I came back I had two really nice hotel towels, plush robes, and slippers sitting on my suitcase. Went to give her more $$$ and she refused.

She was making up the room as I departed for the lobby to catch the bus back to the airport. I shoved another $40 under the door as I scurried away :LOL:
We have it so good in the states. I been to Thailand and India and our tips would make the servers emotional, I always over tip in countries like that. Good man.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So finally home after a long day of traveling. Posted this part in the bored thread as well.
Plane leaving Cancun was delayed for a hour. Finally they came in with the police and removed a woman and 3 teenagers.
Looked to be European, but last name sounded Latino. We were sitting in the very first row of the plane so heard the pilot and crew talking. They said their paperwork showed 6 people but only 4 boarded. Then heard them saying they did some sort of scam where they boarded and also asked for a refund at the same time. Whatever the fuck they did, we had to sit on the plane at the gate for an hour.

Also just in case anyone is wondering after what Lead Pipe posted. Besides what I posted above, coming home was absolutely painless. No extra forms other than the health questionnaire that as mentioned by me, you can do it on your phone while waiting to board. Literally took 5 minutes to fill out, had the Customs form they hand out on the plane when your about an hour from landing, again takes 5 minutes to fill out. Only had to show negative Covid test once while checking in at the Cancun airport. At Ohare, similar to Cancun we lucked out going thru Customs. One of the flight attendants made an announcement when we got to our gate. 2 planes were about to pull up to the gates as well with a combined passenger count of 800+. He highly advised going straight to customs and not stopping for a bathroom break or to make phone calls. We went thru Customs in 5 minutes lol.

We are all going to share photos at some point. I'll update with a ton of better pics when I have them.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
And this is what it’s all about y’all. Fucking measly $250 between a few of us. This lil 9yr old girl probably got one of the best gifts ever and a killer party. I’ve been called a cold blooded heartless prick by many. But I’ve always had a soft spot for kids that don’t have shit.

Mexico waitress1.png

Mexico waitress2.png

Mexico waitress3.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
And this is what it’s all about y’all. Fucking measly $250 between a few of us. This lil 9yr old girl probably got one of the best gifts ever and a killer party. I’ve been called a cold blooded heartless prick by many. But I’ve always had a soft spot for kids that don’t have shit.

View attachment 110047

View attachment 110048

View attachment 110049
The positive impact you and your friends made on this little girl's life, as well as her family's, will be told and retold, passed down from generation to generation. It's an exceptionally honorable way to be remembered, sir.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info