Post your favorite Pizza Place

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I forgot, I like the Old Town location in Elgin too. I can't speak to the other locations... Although the owner, Mike just sold it to another family. I can't say it's quite the same.

One of the benefits of working there, is I eat free. :D Between slices that we can't sell any more, fuck-ups, or customers not coming to get their pizzas or us not being able to deliver them, we eat good.

The other night, we had a customer not pick up a modified "Texan" pizza. It is a pizza with BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce, sausage, onions and bacon (real bacon, not that canadian bacon ham shit). Anyway, the customer changed out the sausage for pepperoni and didn't do the onions. FUCK was that good! The sweetness and tanginess of the bbq sauce offset the saltiness/spiciness of the pepperoni, and then that pepperoni and the bacon added a shit ton of grease which added some flavor in it's own right.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
8 within 3 blocks? Fuck, I miss Chicago sometimes.

1frDJwN.jpg

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
White Cottage also has a place in Elgin on Randall.

Another we like is Danny's on Douglas over by the police station in Elgin. Much like White Cottage, they put plenty of cheese on it, so don't need to ask for extra. Their cheddar cheese poppers are also an excellent appetizer, and believe it or not, their fried chicken is great.

I see Nicks mentioned. Nicks and Village are two brothers. One (Nick Sarilla... I think that's his last name), owns Nick's and then the other brother who's name escapes me right now, owns Village. When you go there, you gotta get the double decker pizza. It's basically two thin crust pizzas stacked on top of one another.

And of course, I gotta plug my place. Charlie Fox's in Geneva. There are also a St. Charles with a dining room and a Batavia location, which like us is take out or delivery.

Charlie Fox's Pizza – Geneva |

One of my first jobs was at the Village in Carpentersville so that owner is Mike Sarillo who also owns the Village on Randall north of 90, then its his nephew Nick that owns the Nicks Pizza in Crystal Lake, Elgin, and now one in Chicago. I "think" I still call both those my favorites. The pizza's between the two are very close based on the family recipe.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
One of my first jobs was at the Village in Carpentersville so that owner is Mike Sarillo who also owns the Village on Randall north of 90, then its his nephew Nick that owns the Nicks Pizza in Crystal Lake, Elgin, and now one in Chicago. I "think" I still call both those my favorites. The pizza's between the two are very close based on the family recipe.

Sorry, I took them as brothers. :D

Yup, almost identical. Both excellent.

The sausage double decker I think is my fav there.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I worked for Lou's for 9ish years. Still love their pizza. If I need reliable deep dish, locally, I'm going there. Elk Grove probably is the best of their locations I've been to (as far as the quality goes)

That being said, if I have my choice of favorites, Pequod's. Morton Grove or city, I haven't really noticed that big of a difference between the two other than the city location being much roomier to sit in.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I've gotta add one more...especially for the dine-in experience.

I don't get up that way much anymore, but this place is amazing. Pizza is outstanding (try the double decker pizza), unlimited peanuts and you throw shells on the ground, video arcade for the kids, and probably a hundred stuffed animals on the walls (coyotes, birds, raccoons, even a bear, etc.). Most importantly, some of the best tasting tap beer I've ever had.

Bill's Pizza & Pub
624 South Lake Street Mundelein, IL 60060
(847) 566-5380

Ive gotten the double decker for my guys at work a couple times. Its still enjoyable.

We usually do Giordanos bar style (thin crust) and Nardis in Addison.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
when I lived in the city, we always ordered from Pete's Pizzeria @ 5847 W Montrose.

Now that we are in the burbs, I would say White Cottage in Elgin.
The Rosatti's in Gilberts is solid and then there's also Maciano's in Elgin.

Same owners as Petes on Western just north of Addison?
If so Pete's is awesome

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info