Post your favorite Pizza Place

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
My current favorite for thin crust is a couple local spots.
- Village Pizza in Elgin and C-ville. Ultra thin crispy crust with lots of fresh ingredients piled on top. My favorite is the Village Special with added garlic.
- Nicks Pizza & Pub in Crystal Lake, Elgin, and Chicago. Very similar to Village.

For deep dish its all the usual suspects.
- Lou's. Anyone saying Lou's sucks is stone cold retarded and your opinion on anything food related is now null and void. Your palate is non existent.
-Giordano's. Nothing to say but damn good deep dish!
-Nancy's. No locations near me unfortunately, but I used to go to the one in Roselle when I was younger and then the one on 59 and Irving Park, but I think that location is closed now. These days my office will use the location in Elmhurst.

The beauty of living in Chicago is all the great pizza(and food in general) places we have. I always say Chicagoland has the best food in the country. Fight me!

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Fight me!

I witnessed such a discussion turn to blows between a buddy from Chicago (Wilmette actually) and New York (Long Island actually) while in college. It was funny as hell, initially nobody intervened because it was just way too entertaining. They roughed each other up pretty good until they started knocking over beer and bongs. At that point, there was no choice but to break it up.

My favorite place has always been:

Buddy's Pizza
17125 Conant St
Detroit

...although I've heard it has been somewhat hit-and-miss since changing ownership.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I've gotta add one more...especially for the dine-in experience.

I don't get up that way much anymore, but this place is amazing. Pizza is outstanding (try the double decker pizza), unlimited peanuts and you throw shells on the ground, video arcade for the kids, and probably a hundred stuffed animals on the walls (coyotes, birds, raccoons, even a bear, etc.). Most importantly, some of the best tasting tap beer I've ever had.

Bill's Pizza & Pub
624 South Lake Street Mundelein, IL 60060
(847) 566-5380

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Have you tried their caramelized crust on the deep dish or pan? Absolutely amazing! (I usually go with thin crust)

I haven’t. Always thin crust from them. I’ll order Lou’s if I want deep dish here. There’s no shortage of pizza places around here. I’d say 8 within a three block radius of my domicile.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My all time favorite was John's Pizza in Brookfield but they moved a couple times then finally closed up about 5 years ago.

Next 2 favorites.

Paisans Pizza
3720 Grand Blvd
Brookfield, IL 60513
(708) 485-6833

Mama Maria's
130 W Vallette St
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630) 832-0555

Best Pizza near my current house.

Tufano's
10385 Vine St
Huntley, IL 60142
(847) 515-3333

For thick I bounce between Lou's and Giordano's. Giordano's make a really good thin pie too.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
White Cottage also has a place in Elgin on Randall.

Another we like is Danny's on Douglas over by the police station in Elgin. Much like White Cottage, they put plenty of cheese on it, so don't need to ask for extra. Their cheddar cheese poppers are also an excellent appetizer, and believe it or not, their fried chicken is great.

I see Nicks mentioned. Nicks and Village are two brothers. One (Nick Sarilla... I think that's his last name), owns Nick's and then the other brother who's name escapes me right now, owns Village. When you go there, you gotta get the double decker pizza. It's basically two thin crust pizzas stacked on top of one another.

And of course, I gotta plug my place. Charlie Fox's in Geneva. There are also a St. Charles with a dining room and a Batavia location, which like us is take out or delivery.

http://charliefoxsgeneva.com/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info