Post your favorite Pizza Place

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I have Aurelio’s, Lou Malnatis and Fox’s Pizza all
Within a 10 mins drive. Solid choices.

Best overall experience w/ very good, brick oven variety pizzas is Freedom Brothers in Plainfield.

1960s - 1980s Rock n Roll atmosphere
Great beer selection
Great food, including the pizza

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Tatas on 111th east of kedzie makes a nice piece, sweet sauce which is unique.

My Dad is big on Waldo Cooney's as well

Ever get Beggars? WI approved. Lol

I was going to ask why none of you south siders have mentioned Beggars?
I had it probably 15 years ago and dont honestly remember if it was good or not. Probably cause I was hammered, lol.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Any Beggar's and Connie's on Archer are also really good pizza if you're ever on the south side. Connie's pan is like a double dough slotted between a thin crust and deep dish. It may be the perfect pizza.

Connies-Pizza_Sausage-Pan-Pizza.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Tatas on 111th east of kedzie makes a nice piece, sweet sauce which is unique.

My Dad is big on Waldo Cooney's as well

Ever get Beggars? WI approved. Lol

I've never tried Tata's, but I've heard it's good. I haven't tried Waldo Cooney's either. I don't drive Towards Western often. I'm just west of Kedzie. I do like Beggar's though!

Do you remember Baldinelli's near 95th and Central Park? It's been gone for years now, but I always liked that place. Pizza Man wasn't bad either. The jumbo 19" 1 topping pizza for $9.99 couldn't be beat.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Barnaby's Family Inn of Des Plaines
636 E. Touhy Ave. (Higgins 72 at Wolf Rd.)
Des Plaines, IL 60018 tel. 847-297-8866

Been going here since I'm a kid and nothing else like it IMO. This is my favorite Chicago Tavern Style but so many kinds it is hard to pick a single favorite.

Des Plaines Location Only as far as I'm concerned the others are crap.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I've never tried Tata's, but I've heard it's good. I haven't tried Waldo Cooney's either. I don't drive Towards Western often. I'm just west of Kedzie. I do like Beggar's though!

Do you remember Baldinelli's near 95th and Central Park? It's been gone for years now, but I always liked that place. Pizza Man wasn't had either. The jumbo 19" 1 topping pizza for $9.99 couldn't be beat.

You are speaking my language. I miss Pizza Man so much. We used to get that all that time. Not the best pizza but Chicago style and the price was fantastic.

I remember Baldinelli's but I can't recall what I thought of the pizza.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Barnaby's Family Inn of Des Plaines
636 E. Touhy Ave. (Higgins 72 at Wolf Rd.)
Des Plaines, IL 60018 tel. 847-297-8866

Been going here since I'm a kid and nothing else like it IMO. This is my favorite Chicago Tavern Style but so many kinds it is hard to pick a single favorite.

Des Plaines Location Only as far as I'm concerned the others are crap.

We had one down south also. Maybe 95th or 111th???
We used to eat there once in awhile when I lived with my grandparents.
I've stopped by the one up on Wolf once in awhile when I had time to kill before the hockey game.
The pizza is great, and it's a cool place to meet up before the game.

IIRC, they also have/had a big ass burger, that's what I usually got as a kid.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Nobody here a fan of Ricobenes deep dish?
Their sausage deep dish is pretty damn good imo.

Never had their deep dish but their breaded steak pizza is amazing.

For deep dish I like Georgios in downtown Crystal lake.... wayyyyyyy better than Lou’s.
Thin Crust is Pinemoor in crystal lake. It’s a tiny little take out place but the pizza is legendary

I have to disagree. Something is weird with their sauce. I have to rank Georgio's 3rd on my list.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] isn't lying that Chuck E Cheese pizza is surprisingly good.

A couple of my local favorites are:

Al's Pizza in Warrenville
Papa Passero's in Westmont
Little Italian in Naperville

If anyone heads into the Southern Wisconsin/Lake Geneva area, Upper Crust in Genoa City makes a solid pie. My favorite is Next Door Pub in LG, I'd put it up against a lot of local Chicago pizza.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I was going to ask why none of you south siders have mentioned Beggars?

I had it probably 15 years ago and dont honestly remember if it was good or not. Probably cause I was hammered, lol.

I love Milano’s, (109th and Western) knew the old owner, used to hang at the bar with him. Pretty cheesy, however they have amazing deep dish which I think many people don’t realize they offer.

Beggars is good, Barracos seems pretty blah to me, but it’s not bad.

Tata’s is solid for the price as long as the owner or whoever is making it isn’t stoned to high hell and burns it.

Haven’t had Rosangelas in LONG time, kinda been slacking on trying other places.. this thread will change that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info