đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The company I work for was bought out in late 2017 and that is what is going on now. Really sucks because my manager and I really busted ass to put together a great working team and to see it torn apart by upper management demanding micromanaging of Employees and pay cuts and layoffs and shit decisions with no regard to employees needs just sucks. Really sucks.

But is anyone hiring? Been interested in IT Helpdesk stuff and have years of medical billing, customer service, and supervisor experience. Been at the same company for 15 years so a Rarity these days
This is particularly frustrating in a healthy, profitable company, and even moreso when said company isn't investing in automation to reduce the workforce size. During sustained bad times, OK, i might not agree with how you manage the workforce but at least we both understand we need less overhead. Doing it to improve short-term profits without getting rid of any actual work, just people, literally fuck off.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
sup homies. Can’t sleep, it’s 5:55am Hawaii time. Been up since 3ish.

Headed home today. First flight is 10:20am back to Kauai from the big island, next one lands in San Francisco, then back to chicago landing at 5:15am.
sounds brutal

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
This is particularly frustrating in a healthy, profitable company, and even moreso when said company isn't investing in automation to reduce the workforce size. During sustained bad times, OK, i might not agree with how you manage the workforce but at least we both understand we need less overhead. Doing it to improve short-term profits without getting rid of any actual work, just people, literally fuck off.

yeah its crazy. Our company before it was bought out always took care of The employees. Trained them well, gave lots of support, flexible hours, and lots of feedback and no micromanaging. We had great benefits, fun events, team lunches every month and yearly bonuses. we were profitable and doing great too! It was a great place to work.

The new Upper management focuses on all the wrong shit.... uuugh they are all about micromanaging and questioning every little thing and placing blame for everything, and writing people up for everything. No flexibility in hours or work from home, no long term training support, no communication when changes happen. Cut lots of benefits, no bonuses, and no company lunch events. All this while the new owners are making huge money and continuing to buy every other company it sees. It’s Just a shit show.

Anyways I’ll find a new job and move on to better things! :bigthumb:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Going to stacks tomorrow...cannot wait

Dem specials

HN39DaV.jpg

u9rgkmT.png

e5O2JJX.png