FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
what the fuck :rofl:

built in 1862!!! Holy crap

Based on the pic from the curb I don't know where they jammed all 2,300ft (pool doesn't count as living area methinks), but I guess every room/living area/kitchen is a closed off square you can stack them alongside each other like tetris and have decent footage on a small footprint

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
built in 1862!!! Holy crap

Based on the pic from the curb I don't know where they jammed all 2,300ft (pool doesn't count as living area methinks), but I guess every room/living area/kitchen is a closed off square you can stack them alongside each other like tetris and have decent footage on a small footprint

a few houses around there, that old. pretty neat shit.

pool is RIIIIGHT in there... im betting pool counts as living area too. cuz otherwise its not that big of a house.

1603299216943.png

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
im actually leaning towards FirstWorldProblems N20GT's opinion that the pool isn't included... some of the rooms are big.

not the kitchen but :rofl:
That pool room is 32 x 21, which would leave 1,700 sq ft for the rest of the house (4 beds, 2.5 bath, kitchen, lving room)

Possible but unlikely. I don't feel like adding up dimensions of each individual room

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
um.

wtf buggggout property :rofl:

1603720978030.png

1603721021437.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
when i see deals that went through like this, i feel like i should offer jack shit, on shit occasionally.

asking 37k sold for 15k.

i had a buddy just buy something like this, was a property on a busier street 'round here with 2 residential properties on it, rented out. people were asking 300k last fall

he offered 185k... they said no. he said cool, when you're ready, i have 185k for you... they said ha no way, we'll keep it.

guess who got it for 185k.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In other news, they're going to start developing the corn field behind my house next summer/fall, soooo my new plan is to break ground in Feb (weather permitting), list my house by 3/1, be out by mid-april

I need to find a place to live for 5-6 months. Fml

Really planned to keep my house until the new one was near completion, would be sooo much easier

giphy.gif

exciting though nonetheless.

i cruised through a hood near an area id like to live where they are currently building houses. it's a coookie cutter bane of my existence style hood but i like some of their layouts and i like the location so i did a driveby.

around here i still don't see the value in building a house and this is cookie cutter bullshit houses and im jealous you see the value in that in your area. cuz id love a new house :rofl:

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
giphy.gif

exciting though nonetheless.

i cruised through a hood near an area id like to live where they are currently building houses. it's a coookie cutter bane of my existence style hood but i like some of their layouts and i like the location so i did a driveby.

around here i still don't see the value in building a house and this is cookie cutter bullshit houses and im jealous you see the value in that in your area. cuz id love a new house :rofl:
Easily 90% of the houses going up in my county are cookie cutter junk, so I'm concerned about the field behind me being sold. I hoped to have at least a year, but apparently I will not. No word yet on who the developer is but I'm sure it's not good news. I guess it could be a bunch of $330k+ all-siding cookie cutter heaps which wouldn't hurt my value really, but I don't want to stick around and take that risk.

I feel bad for my neighbors. We're at the back of the subdivision, and because there's a wide open field behind us they made the lots on my side of the street even smaller than the rest of the subdivision (like 0.2 acres, maybe even smaller), so now they're going to have houses in their backyard AND have the smallest lots in our subdivision.

Time to GTFO

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
These pole barn homes you see being built are on someone’s 10,000 acre ranch is Texas
I figured, but one could dream to have a 200K total house surrounded by more expensive houses, while looking and being awesome.
prob could have done it maybe 30+ years ago. Anywhere even remotely suburban, this isn’t going to fly

Thread Info