1606144291373.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
let's boomer house critique.

wtf is going on here. 400k house. k

is it missing chunks of siding? what's going on there?

1606155528756.png

what happens in this room.

1606155621260.png

did you guys get a microwave that doubles as a range hood? for above a counter? buy the right microwave guys. also. is this really where the tv wound up? corner cabinets? fuck corner cabinets. straight into the walll beeeotch

also why did we do a weird cabinet under the oven instead of a handy drawer.

1606155710717.png

:eek3:

TONGUE AND GROOVE ALL OF THE THINGS.

giphy.gif

1606155775963.png

:eek3:

1606155855328.png

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I need to unfuck some finances my coworker here who was in Afghanistan before coming to DC has already mentioned to me hed like to flip a few houses since we both have such cupcake schedule.

I simply dont have the financial leverage to gut and flip a few out here. :unsure: I already said Id work for free on the 1st one for a cut of the sales. :)

I need something to occupy my time here seriously besides spendin money. Making it instead would be great. Have pickup and tools will travel :LOL:

Reactions: Jon01 and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I need to unfuck some finances my coworker here who was in Afghanistan before coming to DC has already mentioned to me hed like to flip a few houses since we both have such cupcake schedule.

I simply dont have the financial leverage to gut and flip a few out here. :unsure: I already said Id work for free on the 1st one for a cut of the sales. :)

I need something to occupy my time here seriously besides spendin money. Making it instead would be great. Have pickup and tools will travel :LOL:

quit buying new turdfords and start there

:s00ls:

Reactions: Jon01 and Rent Free

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
We're starting to think about moving. With the market so hot, my realtor basically said the best plan of attack is to have the nut to put down the 20% on a house you like, obviously be pre approved for the new mortgage while also having current mortgage, then list current house as soon as new house is under contract and hope current sells quickly.

I'm constantly looking through Redfin, and the houses that I like are usually sold in days.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
We're starting to think about moving. With the market so hot, my realtor basically said the best plan of attack is to have the nut to put down the 20% on a house you like, obviously be pre approved for the new mortgage while also having current mortgage, then list current house as soon as new house is under contract and hope current sells quickly.

I'm constantly looking through Redfin, and the houses that I like are usually sold in days.

Buddy of mine was in a similar situation. Living in a town house, wanting a house. No one is taking contingent offers so you gotta be ready to throw down your offer the day you see the house

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yeah im really thinking of possibly buying a camper trailer and settin' up fucking camp at my dad's house when i list my house to have my house all fuckin' "pinterest cutesie'd up" and not "hey people actually live in this house with an infant"

move my garage into an enclosed trailer. sell whatever furniture i still have and don't want. live in a camper mid spring ish and let it rip NO CONTINGENCIES TAKE THIS DICK OFFER.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Millions of Americans are worried about losing their homes by the end of 2020, according to a U.S. Census Bureau survey. As the pandemic upends personal finances, some 5.8 million people said they were "somewhat" to "very" likely to face eviction or foreclosure in the final months of the year — roughly a third of the 17.8 million adults in households are behind on rent or mortgage payments. A temporary moratorium on evictions ends Dec. 31, unless extended, while those who signed up for relief under the CARES Act could face foreclosure by March.

• The threat of evictions was most acute in New York City, Houston, and Atlanta, per the survey.
  • Home prices increased 7% annually in September, marking the largest annual gain in six years, according to the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller U.S. National Home Price NSA Index.

• Almost 18 million adults are behind on mortgage, rent payments
  • CDC suspension on evictions is slated to expire at end of 2020
1606308407440.png

giphy.gif

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Hopefully it benefits me, before the banks start reversing course. Everything by me jumped in price and people were buying with more economic uncertainty. Shit is stupid. Hopefully everything drops and I can sneak in on a low interest rate. Doubtful with my luck.

Then again I don’t know if I want to stay where I am (taxes) but I don’t want to pay Indiana and Illinois income tax.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
that's such a mindfuck to read. like... this shit isn't sustainable and it all feels like it could come barreling down rather quickly. but such a gamble in either direction.

yet the DOW is at 30k. nothing to see here folks, everything is fine!

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I'm hoping it holds tight through next spring. I'll have our basement re-finished by then and hopefully have the house about paid off(currently down to about 60k owed).
Plan is to sell this place for top $ since our burb is super popular, take our pile of $ and buy a small cheap house in a small town for 1/3 the price and stash the 250-300k surplus and wait for the market to crumble.
Then buy a couple f/c's with cash, clean them up and sell them on contract with a fat ass down from the contract buyers to cover my exposure for when they fuck up.
Hopefully we can parlay that into a few different income streams...if the market holds until I can get this place ready to sell.

Thread Info