šŸ” Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
And like you said though, if your mortgage was on a $800k house and it only appraises for $600k now, but you owe $720k on it... your refi might get rejected unless you're bringing a lot of cash or assets to the table.

Yup that is what happened to a ton of people after the 08 crash.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
does an ARM require that appraisal to happen again though when the ARM expires?
Thinking it does just like any other mortgage but not sure.

I had an ARM loan on my place when I bought my townhouse in late 08. House had already lost a ton of value when I bought it but the interest rates were still high and banks were still crashing. My loan was at 6.75% for 5-6 years then jumped to like 8% or something stupid after that. I refinanced a couple years later at like 3.7% using a government sponsored bailout program. No appraisal or anything required. Just a straight refi conventional loan.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I sacrificed my roof line for your sins

Pray I Hope GIF

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Is that just West of Randall, if so then yes as it is on the south side of Algonquin. There is another subdivision on the north side of Algonquin. Only been there once so not sure of the name of the subdivision on the north side
Yes has to be the same one. Pulte. We priced a 2600 sq/ft home there and it was near $550k after the lot was figured. Said no thanks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
what an ugly fucking house

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

Itā€™s soo weird looking on the outside. Like it was originally a small house that someone added on shit multiple times.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

That is terrible lol. I'm surprised it's "only" 5k sq ft, it looks huge and they used every inch above the garage as living space. Bet the upstairs (which looks to be almost the entire house?) is cold af in winter and hot in summer

It'll never sell for anywhere near that

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Itā€™s soo weird looking on the outside. Like it was originally a small house that someone added on shit multiple times.

That is terrible lol. I'm surprised it's "only" 5k sq ft, it looks huge and they used every inch above the garage as living space. Bet the upstairs (which looks to be almost the entire house?) is cold af in winter and hot in summer

It'll never sell for anywhere near that

I swear the far right side of the house in that first picture looks like a 70's split level and the far left looks like a detached garage and they just added building between the two to attach them. lol
No one going to mention the Golden Oak trim EVERYWHERE?

TCG boomerbashers, you disappoint me.

Thread Info