🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Double down and triple down with deflection. Not surprised. Do you stand behind the question you asked or think your post is wrong? It's not a tough question. Let's hear a simple, straight answer without a paragraph of gobbleygook. Your diametrically opposed posts are only three posts apart. Read them both and get back to us. K? Thanks.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
And, still no straight answer. Back to attacks because you have nothing. Who is the stupid one?

Let me explain to you what happened. You asked a question. I agreed it was a pertinent question. You find joy in disagreeing with me regardless of the topic so you did. You didn't realize you were the one who had asked the question. I pointed it out and you self destructed. That's pretty stupid. Why not say Whoops, I made a mistake and move on? Let's get back to real estate in this thread. It's not politics.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Time for a small rant against "weekend" Realtors. I'm on call this weekend and took a call from a Realtor asking for a showing. Read her the showing instructions and made a point of saying the seller wants to make sure lights are off and doors are closed and locked. She said she understood and then left the door between the house and garage wide open.

Another Realtor said he might show the same house this weekend. I said OK and read him the instructions. Told him 3 times to text me before he showed the home so I could notify the seller. He didn't. Just showed up at the home while the un-notified seller was there. Seller is not happy with either Realtor. Our administrative assistant will be calling both of them tomorrow to ream them out a bit.

Part time, weekend Realtors. Gotta love them.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
And, still no straight answer. Back to attacks because you have nothing. Who is the stupid one?

Let me explain to you what happened. You asked a question. I agreed it was a pertinent question. You find joy in disagreeing with me regardless of the topic so you did. You didn't realize you were the one who had asked the question. I pointed it out and you self destructed. That's pretty stupid. Why not say Whoops, I made a mistake and move on? Let's get back to real estate in this thread. It's not politics.

jfc

i'll try explaining it to you one more time:

- it was not a real question
--- ever
--- i know i asked it, because i typed it
- it was a rhetorical question
- the point was to elicit the statement 'races of color kill each other more' has nothing to do with actual race, and is a matter of location/wealth/opportunity/lack thereof/history/etc/anything but race

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Time for a small rant against "weekend" Realtors. I'm on call this weekend and took a call from a Realtor asking for a showing. Read her the showing instructions and made a point of saying the seller wants to make sure lights are off and doors are closed and locked. She said she understood and then left the door between the house and garage wide open.

Another Realtor said he might show the same house this weekend. I said OK and read him the instructions. Told him 3 times to text me before he showed the home so I could notify the seller. He didn't. Just showed up at the home while the un-notified seller was there. Seller is not happy with either Realtor. Our administrative assistant will be calling both of them tomorrow to ream them out a bit.

Part time, weekend Realtors. Gotta love them.

they ain't the only realtor numbskulls i know

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

Looked at this house back in April. It was $375k and needed a total gut. Tons of water damage.

• Haha
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
This one I'm swinging HARD from and just showed up.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Apparently gutting and selling means a 227% increase in value. :rofl:

Meanwhile I'm watching WI houses DROPPING in price the past couple months. Almost every single house I've looked at has been on the market for 40+ days and are all seeing price drops.

:goodgood:
Everything in that neighborhood is relatively pricey. $600-1.1mil

no doubt they sunk every bit of $400k+ into the house.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan

Looked at this house back in April. It was $375k and needed a total gut. Tons of water damage.
Why the hell is everything silver on the inside?????

69Nice

Rainman
Sep 4, 2020
CO
Man, a lot of brokerages are trying to hire me lately. Some of the offers aren't bad. Maybe I move my business if the perfect one comes along. I'd give my broker a chance to match, of course.
You bid out any jobs/work you do right? No reason not* to do the same with your employment.

It came up in one of my promotions and I dropped specific #’s for the market I’m in - big boss was almost offended… when I brought up the fact we need 3 bids for anything over $10K it finally clicked for him.

No company will ever miss you for more than 30 seconds unless they realize how bad they screwed up- keep them honest.

*edited for grammar

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Mortgage rates are starting to climb recently. Factor them in when considering a purchase now or later.

Reactions: Five-0

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
TCG West Headquarters:

3 Homes, 3 sheds, a large free standing garage. No emissions.

WOW!!!! 5 ACRES +- HORSES WELCOME! MOVE -IN READY!!! 3 HOMES PLUS 3 SHEDS AND 2 CAR HEATED GARAGE! HOMES HAVE BEEN RENOVATED INCLUDING KICTHENS WITH GRANITE COUNTERTOPS! SS APPLIANCES! CUSTOM BACK SPLASH! BRAND NEW BATHROOMS WITH CERAMIC FLOORS AND TUB SORROUND! MAIN HOUSE BRAND NEW ARTCHITECTURAL TEAR OFF ROOF! BRAND NEW VINYL SIDING AND ALL NEW WINDOWS! TAXES ARE ESTIMATED AS LAND BEING SPLIT FROM LARGER PARCEL! A MUST SEE TO APPRACIATE IT'S VALUE! BROKER OWNED.

• Wow
Reactions: Aircal

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My parents did that in the early 70’s lived on 50ft er’ main marina was in ft lauderdale. They would boat to Freeport in the Bahamas, the keys, etc… they did that for about two years. They said it was a good time to travel where ever but it did get old after a while.

Thread Info