Gaming My Summer Car - Steam Early Access Game

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well this sessions not gone well. I felt like I was in some kinda awful Finnish knockoff of Edge of Tomorrow :LOL: I found out you get the wristwatch if you drive up to this dance pavilion, which I didnt even know about, and fight this drunk guy that sometimes shows up there, and if you knock him out you can take his watch, so I thought.......well I'll go do that, what could possibly go wrong??

Attempt 1: set out in my car for a nice drive up to the pavilion, and a little ways out, I hear something fall off the car, and the red light pops on my dash, which means alternator is not charging the battery...... So i pull over, pop the hood, my belt had snapped. DAMNIT. Didnt think to put my spare or my tools in the car before I left..... screw it, I restarted the game, since I had saved right before I left.

Attempt 2: This time, loaded up my spare belt and tools, set off on my way again, sure enough, after a while, belt popped again, so I pulled over, and replaced the belt, and went on my way. While I was driving thru town where the store is, there were a couple hooligans sitting in front of the store in their cars. I drove past, thought nothing of it, and before i knew it, i looked in my rear view mirror and one of them was right on top me, slammed into the back of my car, knocked my bumper and trunk off. I stopped, and proceeded to punch and push his car (almost flipped it over a couple times) until he finally drove away. I didn't know what kinda damage had been done, so........screw it, restarted the game again.

Attempt 3: Changed my belt BEFORE I left this time, threw my tools in the car just in case anything else.......set off on my way again, took a DIFFERENT route to get to the pavilion, avoiding the town this time, actually got there.....and was early. Still had some time to kill before they opened up the pavilion, so I wandered around because that area is another spot where a wrecked car might spawn. Didnt find any wrecked cars, walked back to the pavilion which was open now, band was playing, people were dancing...........but no drunk guy to fight. Sigh. Got back into my car, drove back into town to the store so I could sleep on the couch I placed there just for situations like this, because it was already near midnight and my fatigue was about maxed out. Got a good sleep, woke back up, popped a breakfast beer and got back in my car to drive home..........i was just about to turn onto the highway, when the BUS came flying around the corner and slammed into me, completely knocking me off the road and the force was enough to pop both my doors open...... Again, not sure what kinda damage that woulda done............ SCREW IT, RESTART!! :LOL:

I DID learn tho you can actually cook sausages! and when you do they do reduce your stress when you eat them, so I may use that to try and cut back on my smoking.......but probably not.

Also, I think my starter might be going because a couple times now I've tried to start the car and then it just grinds and nothing. Soooooo I guess i'll give up on trying to punch out a drunk for his watch and see if I can get that off and replaced before it leaves me stranded somewhere.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Oh, maybe my starter isn't going bad.

The starter makes a grinding sound a moment after starting (tshhhh). This is due to the fact that the starter gear has not had time to hide and the speeding flywheel rotates the gear causing a grinding noise. It doesn't cause any damage so far, but it can be annoying (many people think it is dangerous and try to diagnose the engine)

Heres what you need to look out for

The starter wears down with use, which will affect the Satsuma's ability to ignite. Symptoms of a worn starter include:

• The Satsuma being slow to start.
  • The Satsuma cranking but never starting.
  • The Satsuma not cranking.

I might just replace it anyway tho :LOL:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The boat is definitely slow, still the most direct route lol.

I got all of the suspension and the seats bolted in to the car my last session. Saved the game and then started off to go get the Rusko and the wheels from the mansion. Ended up having a guy show up in real life to buy a vehicle so I walked away without saving and it was night time by then. Ended up just quitting without saving so I’ll start off on that journey again next time I play.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I think when I reload it’s Thursday night since I finished the suspension and slept, so, I need to get the Rusko out of the shed, in the lake to kill wasps and then take it straight to town to fuel up AND stock up on food, beer, etc before stores are closed on the weekend. I’m out of food at the house, just have a bunch at the island.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Went out to to the landfill to recover the empty kilju bottles I sold to the drunk, which are really just orange juice bottles you buy from the store. I still need to buy more since he only stocks 6 bottles at a time, but once I get my 20 bottles my only overhead will be buying the sugar and yeast to brew this stuff. Im tempted to try and drink one, but who knows how itll mess me up :LOL:

Just trying to kill time and make it thru sunday so i can FINALLY go pick my new wheels up from the repair shop, and pick up a new starter as well. Also gonna place an order for some aftermarket parts! Tho I do kinda wanna get my car on the dyno first before I start adding shit to it :LOL:

Reactions: Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I've never actually tried to get the Rusko before, I'll be excited to hear your experience trying to get it :LOL:

I had it out of the shed already, in the water and back out again. I was so fucking close.

-Need Tractor and screwdriver. Gas can if you’re feeling skiddish but supposedly can make it to town with the fuel that’s left in the car.

Pretty much take tractor to car, open shed. THERE ARE WASPS IN THE CAR. To kill them, hook tow rope to the back of car and back of tractor. Pull the car out with the rope and down to the lake. While leaving it attached pushed the car down into the water where the hood is below the water line. I left it in there for a minute or two real time. When you can’t hear buzzing you’re in the clear. At that point you’re good to go. Pull the car out of water, start with screwdriver and you’re good to go.

I was planning on leaving the car, driving tractor back and then coming back on moped and just putting the moped in the trunk since it has a decent amount of space.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got my new starter in and put my new wheels and tires on the car!

Y8Ew27R.jpg

Then drove it over to the dyno. Not bad! 57hp/57tq!

v6Woydc.jpg

Which is obviously too much power for me, because this happened when I was using all 57 of those horses on my drive back home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wH7IpoF.jpg

The impact actually flung everything out of my trunk somehow

RESTART!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I remember you mentioning you have to pay an electric bill so I’ve been keeping all the lights off which has been fine.....till I saved and then got stuck in the fucking bathroom with the door closed and light off :rofl:

It can get a bit dark in the dead of night. When I go to bed I usually turn my bathroom light on, cuz I normally wake up at like 4am, then go watch some tv to tire me out enough so i can sleep for another couple hours until it starts getting light out

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I’m going to have a few hours to play tomorrow. Would like to get the car to be a complete roller with full interior and bodywork sans front clip as well as get the Rusko back.

IDAFC21 IDAFC21 is there any way to pause the game in real time? That’s going to be my only issue bidding on shit while the game is rolling.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
unless you start messing with mods (which is a whole other world I haven't even wanted to look into yet) there really is no way to pause the game except for being near a save point where you can dump out to the main menu. But that also advances time whenever you do that, so its kind of a trade off

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Had a chance to play a bit today.

Continued from my save. Started off in tractor to go get Rusko. Loaded beer and pizza into tractor along with screwdriver. Headed down my road. Crossed train tracks at the exact moment train crossed. Died.

Realized at that point there is no reloading save game, you have to start totally fresh. Sick.

New game. Grab tractor, grab beer and sausages. Head to Rusko. Get halfway there, realize I forgot screwdriver. Debate going home. Decide I'll just dunk the car in the lake, pull it out and drive tractor home and come back for car later with the minibike since I'd have to come back for one or the other anyways. Hook up car same as always. Wasps come out. Die.

Well fuck me.

Reload again. Tractor, beer, sausages, screwdriver, head to Rusko. Get it out, back it into the lake. Tractor starts sliding. Slides too far it, shuts off. Tractor and Rusko stuck in the lake. Don't know what to do, no real loss of progress. Quit and start new.

Start new game. Tractor, beer, pizza, screwdriver. Get car out, dunk in water. Pull out of water. Get in car, no wasps! Start car, throw beer and pizza into the Rusko. Head to town. Car drives like shit and doesn't stay running unless you blip the throttle constantly. Horn goes off constantly on its own, lights cut in and out. Get to town in time. Fill up Rusko completely. Buy belt, coolant, oil, 2-stroke fuel, beer, sausages, milk, pizza, sugar, coffee, yeast, bug spray, cigarettes and a fire extinguisher. Load it all into the car, start heading back. Crash and get stuck in a ditch in front of Fleetari's shop. Sleep in the car (nice feature). Wake up Tuesday AM, another 5-10 minutes of fucking around get the car unstuck. Head towards home. Crash into a tree and die.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Continued from my save. Started off in tractor to go get Rusko. Loaded beer and pizza into tractor along with screwdriver. Headed down my road. Crossed train tracks at the exact moment train crossed. Died.

Realized at that point there is no reloading save game, you have to start totally fresh. Sick.

New game. Grab tractor, grab beer and sausages. Head to Rusko. Get halfway there, realize I forgot screwdriver. Debate going home. Decide I'll just dunk the car in the lake, pull it out and drive tractor home and come back for car later with the minibike since I'd have to come back for one or the other anyways. Hook up car same as always. Wasps come out. Die.

Well fuck me.

Reload again. Tractor, beer, sausages, screwdriver, head to Rusko. Get it out, back it into the lake. Tractor starts sliding. Slides too far it, shuts off. Tractor and Rusko stuck in the lake. Don't know what to do, no real loss of progress. Quit and start new.

Start new game. Tractor, beer, pizza, screwdriver. Get car out, dunk in water. Pull out of water. Get in car, no wasps! Start car, throw beer and pizza into the Rusko. Head to town. Car drives like shit and doesn't stay running unless you blip the throttle constantly. Horn goes off constantly on its own, lights cut in and out. Get to town in time. Fill up Rusko completely. Buy belt, coolant, oil, 2-stroke fuel, beer, sausages, milk, pizza, sugar, coffee, yeast, bug spray, cigarettes and a fire extinguisher. Load it all into the car, start heading back. Crash and get stuck in a ditch in front of Fleetari's shop. Sleep in the car (nice feature). Wake up Tuesday AM, another 5-10 minutes of fucking around get the car unstuck. Head towards home. Crash into a tree and die.

Well you've had a day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And yeah, thats the thing w/ permadeath on, once you die, that's it. I like having it on at the start of the game cuz it does add another element but once I actually get the car built and get some ways into the game like I am now, I wish I could turn it off. I do make random backups of the save files tho, just in case something happens. The first time I played this game 4 years ago i did that more because the game had buggy glitches that could ruin your game thru no fault of your own, unlike you walking too close to an open septic tank pit and falling in.

The wiki goes into how to make backup saves. Yeah it defeats the purpose of permadeath, but at this point if I died and had to start all over again, i'd just put the game down and be done w/ it. Plus depending on when I last made a backup, I can still lose a significant amount of progress that I have to repeat again, so there are still consequences, just not as bad as completely starting over

Also, I've just been waiting for the day that train takes me out :LOL::LOL: I can't believe it actually got you. I've flown over those tracks soooooo many times and I dont even give a fuck. Full send every time dont look both ways

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Well fuck me.

someone needs to stream this game :rofl:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I haz aftermarket car parts!!

tqEP70g.jpg

Tho I got all the way home and realized I didn't have my exhaust pipe.... That happened the first time I played this game too..... Will have to go back and see if I can find it. But I do have another batch of kilju made and bottled that I can sell to the drunk again. Still only have 6 bottles tho because the store doesnt restock until tomorrow. And I also have another firewood delivery I can make, so I've got some nice paydays comin my way, which is good since I'm almost out of money again. Will try and get all that done and then see if I can get these new parts installed

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got my tach and radiator installed. Then loaded up the van w/ my homemade hooch and drove it over to the drunks house. It was another top quality batch that he paid nicely for, so then I hopped back in the van, drove up to the store, saw my race exhaust pipe laying on the side of the building so I threw that in the van, topped it off w/ fuel, then went inside to stock up, or so i thought. Its thursday and I thought the store restocked every thursday, but he was still out of shit, so then I read this.

You should not save the game on Wednesday from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am, doing so will not allow the goods to be restocked.

I dont know why this is, but I know I definitely did that........so no restock. Fuck. Now I gotta wait another week. But its not critical for me. I have enough food. Just wanted to restock on sugar and yeast so I could get another batch of kilju started and buy 6 more bottles of juice to bring me up to 18.

But I think thats good for tonight. No catastrophes. Next time I load the game up i'll finish installing my header, race exhaust, and muffler, and I still gotta deliver that firewood, so that should give me enough scratch to order a twin carb setup next.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info