Gaming My Summer Car - Steam Early Access Game

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Also what I forgot to mention about the Rusko...

It’s almost not worth getting, especially once you have the van from your uncle I’d assume (still have yet to see him or the van). I wanted to get it because it would be quicker to get to and from town than using the tractor and easier to carry a multitude of supplies from the store to the boat.

It’s a pain in the ass to start. It mimics a bad flywheel so you’ll sit there for 2-3 min cycling the key on and off before it starts to crank. The horn randomly goes off constantly and you have to hit the button to turn it off which only lasts between two and 10 seconds max. Lights cut in and out, and it doesn’t stay running without you constantly feathering the throttle.

I have yet to see my uncle or the van to start the process of borrowing it until he eventually gives it to me, so this seemed like a viable option. At this point I’ll probably just drive it to town and leave it by the boat dock to transport shit to and from the store to the dock, leave a case of beer and sausages in it in case I get stuck in town for the night. The best thing about it is the fact that you can sleep in the back, so having it on the town side will be a plus for that, but as far as driving it with how sketchy and annoying it is, I’m good lol.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So if you turn permadeath off do you still have to adhere to hunger/thirst, etc? I enjoy those aspects, would just love it to reload back to your last save lol.

Hmm, thats a good question. One I can not easily find an answer to.

I did get my parts installed tho, heres my race exhaust and race muffler

U0EmhpA.jpg

Race header and new radiator

8nlpVxR.jpg

And she definitely picked up some pep! Here I am w/ the speedo wound well past 160kph! Never could do that on the stock setup before. Gonna have to get her back over to the dyno and see what she puts down. It might be 80HP now!! Also got my nice new tach in

Zh5gVlR.jpg

They just released an update patch for the game today too.. Some of these patch notes... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And here we go again :D

-Fixed a bug with some vehicles getting stuck in ground upon loading
-Fixed a bug with looping Farmer speech while Player not being around
-Player now gets out of Jail between hours 06-18 instead middle of the night
-If Player passes out from drunkenness while having active Jail sentence he is transported back to Jail
-Fixed bug with dying sentenced Player (non-mortal mode) spawning back to Graveyard instead of Jail
-Getting ten(10) or more days worth of Jail sentence grants ugly tattoos to Player hands
-Fixed bug not being able to dispose used car Light Bulbs
-Player can now open the Arrest Warrant and see the details of crimes committed
-Fixed bug with Bus not being able to run over roaming pedestrians
-Fixed bug with Satsuma, Gifu and Ruscko where sleeping broke the Driving Mode
-Fixed looping audio bug with Suski
-Fixed issue with Kuski not being able to keep up the provoked speeding
-Increased power of Ferndale
-Fixed Player money rounding error
-Fixed graphical glitch with car mirrors
-Increased mosquito sound but made it appear only during evening/night time
-Fixed bug with Block purchase at repair shop
-Fixed bug with Police sometimes not de-spawning after being released from Jail
-Fixed bug with Player getting stuck in sitting position when released from Jail
-Lowered Ferndale crawl speed
-Running Satsuma engine lean now increases engine temperature
-Attempt to fix issue with detached front spoiler getting stuck inside the car
-Moved Rally staging line closer to the Start line
-Fixed issue with Bus Driver not quitting his job
-Angled down dirt road bridge guardrail endings
-Updated Steamworks.NET wrapper
-Improved bolt pickup precision
-Added vehicle speed check so that pedestrians hitting stationary vehicle is not considered a crime
-Grandma might now want to get a ride to the church
-Added more missing sound effects
-Changed way how breathalyser test is given
-Fixed tax evasion loophole when attaching towing rope from Tractor to Tractor
-Fixed issue with mail boxes sometimes stopping accepting adverts
-Possible fix for missing Battery negative terminal, note that if your negative/ground wire is missing, you need to rewire it
-Fixed bug with Alpha 3 key dropping items in hand
-Fixed bug with moped infinite reverse speed
-Made Ruscko worse, but also fixed the temperature gauge
-Fixed various bugs
-You might now die from urinating into wrong places
-Fixed issue with Fuel Oil purchase not resetting
-Jokke won't pay for the ride if you leave the drop-off point

Have fun!

:LOL:

Reactions: Outlaw

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well shit, I was just reading over the previous patch notes for this game that came out in May of last year and found this

-Satsuma is now required to be re-inspected every few weeks after initial passed inspection

Didnt catch that in the wiki but went back and looked and sure enough, it's there. And prime on the list of unacceptable parts...

The following car parts are FORBIDDEN for inspection, as they do not conform to Finnish road laws.

:LOL: Guess I'll be driving an illegal car around!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I know you can get manslaughter charges if you run someone down, which i think is a 10 day sentence........ i might just try that to get the hand tats.

But yeah I didnt even know you could go to jail before this :LOL: I know you get fines from the cops that set up random checkpoints on the highway if you're speeding or fail the breathalyzer test

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well that was fun. Was getting too late on friday for me to do anything, so I figured on saturday id pull the Gifu out and do some septic jobs, since its the only thing indestructible enough to withstand the barrage of rally cars flying around the roads on the weekends, so I started to load up, and then I thought, well shit. Since its saturday, once the truck is full I wont be able to empty it at the septic plant, or refuel at the shop since everything will be closed, so I tossed the minibike and helmet in the cab with me, did a couple jobs, drove it into town where a couple more jobs are waiting, but I parked it at the plant, hopped on the minibike and drove back home. After the weekend I'll drive the bike back, do those last couple jobs, empty it, refuel it, and drive it back home.

But since it was saturday I wanted to have another go at trying to knock that drunk out at the dance pavilion and take his sweet watch. So I brewed some coffee (first time doing that) and downed a bunch to lower my fatigue since you have to wait until late at night and I didnt wanna chance going to sleep and missing my time window. Waited till about midnight, hopped in my car to drive up there, a little ways before I got there I hit a particularly nasty bump in the road and heard my rear bumper fall off. Was like fuck it i'll pick it up on the way back!! Then I almost flew past the dance pavilion cuz its dark as shit out so I slammed on the brakes and crashed the car into a ditch, knocking my front left fender AND muffler clean off. Fuck it!! Left the car in the ditch, walked up to the pavilion, saw the drunk standing out back. Oh its on. Walked back to my car, drank a bunch of beers (supposed to help you take less damage if he gets any hits in :dunno: ) stumbled back over to him and started slapping him silly. I actually thought he'd put up more of a fight, but after a little while he finally went down! Took his watch, pissed on him, and went back to my car to survey the damage. Thankfully at this point it was starting to get light out. Picked up my parts, put them in the car, headed back towards my bumper, found that and tossed it in the car, and then went back home.

Totally worth it.

LZ5AgJn.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got the fender and bumper repaired and back on the car! I realized I was using the wrong size spanner when I was trying to put the bumper on before, which is why I couldn't tighten the bolts, but oh well, it needed to be fixed anyways.

Finished the last couple septic jobs in town. I think im just gonna leave the Gifu parked at the waste plant in town. Makes more sense really than keeping it at my house. 2 of the jobs are right there in town, and there's 2 more in Loppe where the repair shop is just down the road a bit, and the truck is filled after 4 jobs anyways. I'll save on fuel that way. The only other time I'll need the Gifu is if I ever find another wrecked car, which I have been unsuccessful at so far.

Man not having the store restock last week really screwed me on my homemade booze making. I coulda had another batch out by now and made some more money. That reminds me, I do need to go back up to the landfill to retrieve the empty bottles from the last run. I really gotta decide what I wanna do next w/ the car. I KINDA wanna do the race flywheel, but that'll be an engine out job. But while I'm doing that I could also replace the clutch w/ a new one, because that's a wear item that ive been using since the beginning of the game, and I'm sure its on borrowed time by now. I REALLY wanna do the rally suspension, but that shits like $9500

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Hmm, thats a good question. One I can not easily find an answer to.

I did get my parts installed tho, heres my race exhaust and race muffler

U0EmhpA.jpg

Race header and new radiator

8nlpVxR.jpg

And she definitely picked up some pep! Here I am w/ the speedo wound well past 160kph! Never could do that on the stock setup before. Gonna have to get her back over to the dyno and see what she puts down. It might be 80HP now!! Also got my nice new tach in

Zh5gVlR.jpg

They just released an update patch for the game today too.. Some of these patch notes... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

IDK how you make the fucking Rusko any worse than it is.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I’ve been fucking swamped the past week. I can’t wait to get back onto this game lol

Im finding it very difficult to restrain myself from going back to the game tonight :LOL: Once Ive been playing it all weekend I just cant switch off. I've got a better idea on some areas where wrecked cars and/or extra car parts may be and I really wanna check em out

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
you guys should really be recording your adventures.

I used to be able to record w/ my GeForce experience app, but now for some reason whenever I try it says I have to be playing a full screen game, which doesnt make much sense since I am playing it in full screen mode.

Also I couldnt help myself. Had to get back in, and it paid off big time. I found the wrecked satsuma gt, which also has the GT center console, and a spare tire (not like i need it), and I also found the GT grill and tach. The grill i'll definitely put on, not sure about the tach since I already have my super awesome and completely necessary race tach :LOL:, AND I found the barn w/ the GT wheels, which also had ANOTHER wrecked car in it. Man it woulda made things so much easier if I had found these first instead of risking my life in that mansion w/ the bees. Outlaw Outlaw They should be in a barn near where the Rusko is. Not sure what i'll do w/ these wheels. Maybe throw a set of rally tires on them or something. But thats 2 more wrecked cars I can now drag over to Fleetari. Only one left to find.

oA3baIT.jpg

Its also finally freaking thursday again, so I can finally go restock supplies at the store and start brewing some more hooch. Christ why did i start this back up tonight. So much for going to bed. Work tomorrow is going to suuuuuuuuck.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I used to be able to record w/ my GeForce experience app, but now for some reason whenever I try it says I have to be playing a full screen game, which doesnt make much sense since I am playing it in full screen mode.

Also I couldnt help myself. Had to get back in, and it paid off big time. I found the wrecked satsuma gt, which also has the GT center console, and a spare tire (not like i need it), and I also found the GT grill and tach. The grill i'll definitely put on, not sure about the tach since I already have my super awesome and completely necessary race tach :LOL:, AND I found the barn w/ the GT wheels, which also had ANOTHER wrecked car in it. Man it woulda made things so much easier if I had found these first instead of risking my life in that mansion w/ the bees. Outlaw Outlaw They should be in a barn near where the Rusko is. Not sure what i'll do w/ these wheels. Maybe throw a set of rally tires on them or something. But thats 2 more wrecked cars I can now drag over to Fleetari. Only one left to find.

oA3baIT.jpg

Its also finally freaking thursday again, so I can finally go restock supplies at the store and start brewing some more hooch. Christ why did i start this back up tonight. So much for going to bed. Work tomorrow is going to suuuuuuuuck.

I already know I won’t have time tomorrow to play this and it’s disappointing the shit out of me. I’m going to be starting back from square one again since I fucking died. I have had no guides or walkthroughs for this, only “cheat” I’m using is a list of the bolt sizes, and I found a high res map that I printed out so I can relatively know where shit is based on landmarks.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
From what I could gather from the updates you posted IDAFC21 IDAFC21, it seems like if you have permadeath off you can still die, you just respawn somewhere?

Yeah, you can definitely still die, but your save doesnt get deleted. This can present its own set of issues tho. Because if youre driving out in the middle of nowhere and crash and die, wherever you respawn, you're now gonna have to figure out how to get back to your car, which is also likely damaged in some capacity, so if its not driveable you're gonna need to figure out how to get it repaired out there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info