Sports MTB Madness!

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Not a mtb but, wonder how much this bike costs...
f5eb8fdcbba79f34cfdee18496f8a49b.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
350 hubs? Iā€™ve been going back and forth on buying them or not whenever I get around to ordering a Santa Cruz but canā€™t decide. Theyā€™re so heavy and Iā€™m easy on wheels. I think Iā€™d almost rather just stick to the specialized rovals and keep the stock wheels for park riding.

350 hubs? Iā€™ve been going back and forth on buying them or not whenever I get around to ordering a Santa Cruz but canā€™t decide. Theyā€™re so heavy and Iā€™m easy on wheels. I think Iā€™d almost rather just stick to the specialized rovals and keep the stock wheels for park riding.

Yep 350 hubs, I have hopes on my Kona and I wasnā€™t sure if I could live with the loudness of the I9s. I got them more for the warranty and the 20% sale.

Any of you guys interested in my Sram Eagle x01 takeoff drivetrain?

My X01 eagle stuff just showed up today... I went to test out the shifts and was able to down shift all the way to the lowest gear then back up only a few gears. Now it is stuck and I canā€™t get it to up or down shift. Seems like it is stuck in one of the lower gears based on the cable position. Any idea how to fix it? Not even on a bike yet....
d28b05e1eb62f705444162b357ed168f.jpg
7805bcbaf4168e93c9d46163ada9cd60.jpg

Is the cable head seated?

After a closer inspection the cable head did shift forward due to no tension on the cable. I had to remove the top plastic ā€œYā€ cover to dis-lodge it. The only problem now is the torsion spring popped out. I have found the notch that is sits in. Do you know if it gets a revolution of pre-wind? I donā€™t think it does but I want to make sure.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Still trying to decide between a Following MB and a Hightower.....Do you think SC will update the HT this year since itā€™s 2-3 years old and that seems to be their design cycle? Or probably not this year with the recent addition of the HT LT.
Not sure as they share the same front triangle. Also I bought a Hightower Lt and I love it.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Think the regular HT will be too much bike for the Midwest? My only real gripe with the following mb is the slack actual seat angle and the tire rub issue. I really need to take a trip to demo these bikes.
I donā€™t think so at all. I think a playful 110-130 bike would be awesome there.

Thread Info