20150429_183357_zpsqbqrlwl1.jpg

rapid rob schwalbe

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike - Nashbar Exclusive

And no doubt you've opted for a 29er because of their large-diameter wheels - ideal for rolling smooth and fast over rough terrain - and the Overdrive Comp has you covered with a rock-solid wheelset. There's the incredibly reliable SL7 aluminum doublewall rims, 32-hole SL7 aluminum hubs, plus tried-and-true 14g spokes laced in a 3x pattern. Rounding out the wheelset is a set of Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29x2.25 tires that sport an aggressive, all-around tread pattern for incredible bite plus a kevlar belt to maximize puncture resistance. No doubt you can trust this rig to take you the extra mile.
Hand-built 6061-T6 aluminum 29er hardtail frame features custom formed and butted tubing for strength, stiffness, and light weight
Rock Shox XC 30 TK suspension fork provides 100mm of travel for optimal comfort and control off-road
Shimano Deore 2x10 drivetrain delivers precision shifting and gearing for any terrain
Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes serve up plenty of stopping power
Aluminum, 32-hole DB SL7 wheels are strong and reliable
Kenda Honey Badger29x2.25 tires sport an aggressive tread plus a puncture-resistant kevlar belt

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I'm going to go ahead and guess they are not tubeless ready. Depending on the design of the inside of the rim you can risk taping them and running tubeless. Or a slightly better idea would be to buy some Orange Seal brand sealant and just put a few ounces in your tubes. In the future I'd suggest not schwalbe tires. They really don't last very long.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've only worked on them and parking lot test rode them. I REALLY want to demo one as they feel amazing even with a crappy monarch plus shock. I'd somewhat be worried about creaks here with all the dust but wouldn't sway me. Hard to get over the odd looking head tube but I'd still ride one. If we were a dealer I'd probably buy one for myself.

I would need to test one out before buying. Their quality/warranty past kinda concerns me. I have recently demo'd some bikes.
17 kona process 111- fun bike but no boost or carbon. Unfortunately not updated/eliminated for 2018.
17 pivot switchblade- fun bike but not my favorite.
17 ibis hd4- just blew through the rough stuff at high speed but not very poppy and just way too much bike for the Midwest.

I would also like to try a Santa Cruz Hightower.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The fact that he made it right makes me actually want their bikes more. He put his personal money on the line and came back from that. Plenty of huge companies leave people out to dry when their product fails (i.e. Specialized/trek)

I'd ride a Santa Cruz over any of those bikes, or an evil.

Thread Info