Sports MTB Madness!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
What do you think of the new shimano m8020 brakes. Basically just saint calipers with xt levers?
I’m not sure you need the added weight of them honestly. Plus I don’t think they’re really out yet. Unless you’re doing hot laps at a dh park I think regular m8000’s are good. It’s what I have. I went back and forth on them vs the code rsc. Just don’t buy anything that says guide.

IMG_1066.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
HALP.

Bike got stolen last year and it’s warmed up enough to where I want to buy and ride again. Having a hard time deciding what to get. 80% of my riding is going to be paved asphalt/concrete and the rest gravel.

For riding around the city I’m sure I’ll be fine one some cheap fixed gear bike from the shop around the corner. But I like riding “long” distance 30ish miles, and regularly ride he trail around work which is all gravel.

Only have space for one bike and thinking something like a cyclocross/adventure/gravel bike would be the best for where and how I ride

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I think I actually want a Santa Cruz bike for out west.. which means I'm probably going to offload my Trek Superfly 100 Elite SL 19.5 Carbon setup. Just a matter of when and if I can actually get out and use the damn thing once my schedule frees back up some soon.
I can’t get enough of Santa Cruz bikes. Had a Hightower Lt for a bit and now have a Nomad. I kind of want a 5010 when it comes out too.
180d61650b47444edb830c37d368a29d.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Kind of thinking about picking one of these up. I like the Niner RLT’s but don’t feel like spending that much on something I just want to cruise around on.

https://shop.fairdalebikes.com/coll...2019-fairdale-weekender-nomad-black-grey-fade

1af0643bc6aa2f20fb49f7b937d4a6af.jpg

Plus since Taj owns it, you basically are still riding a bmx bike

Ordered these bad boys for the X/C yesterday and ready to RIP the fucking hills with them. :noes:

oNmdLoJ.png

I love the aggressor as a rear tire. Never used it on the front, I run the dhf up front. Another good tire for you would be the specialized ground control.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Plus since Taj owns it, you basically are still riding a bmx bike

Components seem decent enough and I’d probably just swap my wellgo magnesium’s over and leave it alone. Maybe upgrade wheels after awhile. I tend to buy things then go apeshit upgrading things that were fine in the first place. I liked the simplicity of the BB7 discs before I switched to hydros.

Thread Info