⚡ EV Move Over Tesla: Rivian R1T Electric Pickup

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Acquaintance with his brand new R1T was unable to trailer his motorcycle over 100 miles.
R1T yikes.png

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Little surprised on that. Given it’s a truck and Rivian like Tesla was designing them to be able to tow things I’m kinda surprised. If this was a model y or ford Mach E or whatever I would say yea prob. But not for the truck. Not good
I am too, but also not at the same time. I have to remember that Rivian is new and with being new comes with huge risks and hurdles. It's currently the only attainable electric truck which is why people are curious. It also looks decent. However, marketing it as a truck when it can't really do truck stuff might bite them in the ass. Its a bold move that has to be made to get relavent though. If they built a car with similar quality, Tesla and the mainstream manufacturers would likely just eat them alive.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I am too, but also not at the same time. I have to remember that Rivian is new and with being new comes with huge risks and hurdles. It's currently the only attainable electric truck which is why people are curious. It also looks decent. However, marketing it as a truck when it can't really do truck stuff might bite them in the ass. Its a bold move that has to be made to get relavent though. If they built a car with similar quality, Tesla and the mainstream manufacturers would likely just eat them alive.

They are no slouch if a company though as far as tech and the people they have been recruiting. I am kind of surprised this wasn’t tested out or addressed in some way. I realize there are limitations right now with technology, but getting less than 100 miles towing something not crazy heavy seems like a big whoops and oversight.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"With all said and done, the Rivian achieved a 153 mile trip in 2 hours, 45 minutes at an average speed of 55.6 mph. It used 91% of its battery to do so, suggesting a total range of around 168 miles if the battery was drained completely. Notably the Rivian did not go into a battery-saving mode at any point during the test, with full power on hand to pull the trailer all the way to the end.

In contrast, the Toyota Tundra was able to stretch its legs far further. Running the same 153 mile circuit, it used just over 10 gallons of fuel, or 32% of its total tank capacity. Extrapolating out, using its full tank capacity, the Tundra could rack up a healthy 473 miles without running out of fuel."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info