Mounted my 15" Prostars

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
What a PITA this was. Shave, put rim on check clearance, shave check and repeat on and on. The I had to trim off the wheel studs to be even with the spacer. These pics are with the 1" spacer on. I'm going to take the spacers off and see how they work. I haven't taken them out on the road yet due to weather.

What PSI should I run these at?

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
well i just test em out on the street. The drivers just touches a hair when I did a launch from 3500. Running them at 18-19 psi. I don't think I'll drive these to much more on the street.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Reaction score
looks amazing! When are the littles going on?

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
looks amazing! When are the littles going on?
I might slap them on tomrrow when I take off the spacer. I'm debating weather or not I want to change out the rear spings from the H&R race to stock.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Reaction score
Nah, looks good the way it is, i know its not a looks thing tho. Should make for some sweet pics once theyre all on.

B

Boost12

Those look really nice ! If you do any drag racing on the street I would run them at 11 psi. That should work good. Then at the track just start high and lower them if you keep spinning. The more psi you can run the better the car will feel up top.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Car looks good. Now you have to work on the front wheels/tires...

Dave

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
Those look really nice ! If you do any drag racing on the street I would run them at 11 psi. That should work good. Then at the track just start high and lower them if you keep spinning. The more psi you can run the better the car will feel up top.

Thanks for the info:)

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
I love the look... just can't bring myself to grind :(

Flatliner

Reaction score
I just can't do it... and no, no grinding with the DRR's, but not quite the lookers, unless launching at the track! ;)

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
I just can't do it... and no, no grinding with the DRR's, but not quite the lookers, unless launching at the track! ;)
If your set up is working i'd stick with it. If I would have known about the wheels you have I would never have bought these.

Flatliner

Reaction score
Oh it works all right... we could have even put you into the CSVTDRRRT! ;)

When I am ready I will go to another combo, but for now, I'm happy :)

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Reaction score
I dont know if I'm the only one........but yeah the wheel themselves look nice, but I think you are going to have a major problem with rubbing when you launch at the track. The IRS squats alot, and it looks like there is a fair amount of tire outside the wheel well. If it rubbed on the street, its gonna rub a lot worse when you launch hard.

If you insist on running a 15" on the IRS, I'd rather keep grinding and run a smaller or no spacer at all to get that tire inside the wheel well, because it aint gonna be pretty if the fender digs into those nice new tires.

What is the backspace and width on those wheels? I'm guessing 4.5" BS and 8" wide? If so that aint enough backspace IMHO......

Sorry to be the one to say this, I just would want you to have a tire failure at the track, because it wouldnt be good :cool:

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
I dont know if I'm the only one........but yeah the wheel themselves look nice, but I think you are going to have a major problem with rubbing when you launch at the track. The IRS squats alot, and it looks like there is a fair amount of tire outside the wheel well. If it rubbed on the street, its gonna rub a lot worse when you launch hard.

If you insist on running a 15" on the IRS, I'd rather keep grinding and run a smaller or no spacer at all to get that tire inside the wheel well, because it aint gonna be pretty if the fender digs into those nice new tires.

What is the backspace and width on those wheels? I'm guessing 4.5" BS and 8" wide? If so that aint enough backspace IMHO......

Sorry to be the one to say this, I just would want you to have a tire failure at the track, because it wouldnt be good :cool:

I don't plan on running the tires with the spacer. It looks too much like a lobo. I have no idea what the bs is.:(

Flatliner

Reaction score
Lay the wheel face down, put a straight edge on the rim lip, then take a ruler from where the hub mounts to the stratight edge and their is your backspace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom