• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mounted my 15" Prostars

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
What a PITA this was. Shave, put rim on check clearance, shave check and repeat on and on. The I had to trim off the wheel studs to be even with the spacer. These pics are with the 1" spacer on. I'm going to take the spacers off and see how they work. I haven't taken them out on the road yet due to weather.

What PSI should I run these at?

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

B

Boost12

Those look really nice ! If you do any drag racing on the street I would run them at 11 psi. That should work good. Then at the track just start high and lower them if you keep spinning. The more psi you can run the better the car will feel up top.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I dont know if I'm the only one........but yeah the wheel themselves look nice, but I think you are going to have a major problem with rubbing when you launch at the track. The IRS squats alot, and it looks like there is a fair amount of tire outside the wheel well. If it rubbed on the street, its gonna rub a lot worse when you launch hard.

If you insist on running a 15" on the IRS, I'd rather keep grinding and run a smaller or no spacer at all to get that tire inside the wheel well, because it aint gonna be pretty if the fender digs into those nice new tires.

What is the backspace and width on those wheels? I'm guessing 4.5" BS and 8" wide? If so that aint enough backspace IMHO......

Sorry to be the one to say this, I just would want you to have a tire failure at the track, because it wouldnt be good :cool:

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
I dont know if I'm the only one........but yeah the wheel themselves look nice, but I think you are going to have a major problem with rubbing when you launch at the track. The IRS squats alot, and it looks like there is a fair amount of tire outside the wheel well. If it rubbed on the street, its gonna rub a lot worse when you launch hard.

If you insist on running a 15" on the IRS, I'd rather keep grinding and run a smaller or no spacer at all to get that tire inside the wheel well, because it aint gonna be pretty if the fender digs into those nice new tires.

What is the backspace and width on those wheels? I'm guessing 4.5" BS and 8" wide? If so that aint enough backspace IMHO......

Sorry to be the one to say this, I just would want you to have a tire failure at the track, because it wouldnt be good :cool:

I don't plan on running the tires with the spacer. It looks too much like a lobo. I have no idea what the bs is.:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info