Motor Trend - Camaro ZL1 vs Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca on the Track

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
What were you saying about the Mustang haven't problems putting its power down Jason???

Ricky, I never said anything about putting the power down. The trolls with reading comprehension problems said this. I said that the Boss was ā€œundertired in front and doesn't have the hp to hang with the ZL1.ā€

Like I said, this comparison is a fun read but the real showdown will be the ZL1 vs 13 GT500. As Bru mentioned the GT500 is faster than the Boss lineup.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If I had to guess, I'd assume the boss Lagnua Seca has a similar MSRP to the ZL1?

*edit*

48K for the Laguna Seca (only 40K for a regular boss), 54k for the ZL1, so it's not a huge gap, but you're right Jason, not really a good comparo IMO.

6k is within reason of being a price competitor for sure... especially at a car over 40k. what is the new gt500 going to cost? it will undoubtedly be more than the zl1- because they'd be foolish not to have it be... with where this one comes in pricewise, and the zl1 is price wise.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i don't nutswing either car... but in my thoughts, the laguna seca version of a car imo should have outhandled something like the zl1... just what i was thinking. with just the little facts i knew of each car....

i expected to read this thread and see the boss mopping up shit with the laguna car and chevy watching tail lights. was i wrong.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
i don't nutswing either car... but in my thoughts, the laguna seca version of a car imo should have outhandled something like the zl1... just what i was thinking. with just the little facts i knew of each car....

i expected to read this thread and see the boss mopping up shit with the laguna car and chevy watching tail lights. was i wrong.

The shocks make a big difference too. Look at the ZR1 compared to the non magnetorheological equipped Z06. Ford has a nice Bilstein setup coming out in the 2013 GT500 that should help a lot.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

I would assume the car with 120 more horsepower, wider tires, and a more advanced suspension would beat what is essentially a tweaked mustang GT.

The ZL1 was developed to be 'track ready', if it was called the Camaro Nurburgring would you have been less surprised at the outcome?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Genxist, man I forgot about him :rofl:

But seriously the ZL1 is damn impressive, has a suspension that proves that it is straight up legit, and run's with a "track prepped" car while maintaining all comforts the normal Camaro has. Not to up play the GT500, but I do think that would be a more "fair" compairo and to really see how good Ford's electronically controlled shocks really are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info