Motor Trend - Camaro ZL1 vs Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca on the Track

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
This thread is full of ford nut swinging and win from people who know what they're talking about. I don't care how much more HP they throw at the GT500, the ZL1 will still beat it around a track. There's a reason ford never released ring times after testing there for months. I agree with Bob Hope for once, the LS looks like shit on wheels.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
:rofl: the power difference in the GT500 won't make up shit. It'll just be more of a handful to drive. On a track like that, the power of the Camaro over the mustang probably didn't help very much. Although, even if the cars had similar power, you'd argue something else. it's what you do.

Says the guy who drives a Honda. Tires make all of the difference in putting power down. The ZL1 has wider tires, puts the aditiona power down which magically means thatit posts a signifcant mph difference down the straight section.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Says the guy who drives a Honda. Tires make all of the difference in putting power down. The ZL1 has wider tires, puts the aditiona power down which magically means thatit posts a signifcant mph difference down the straight section.

Then ford should have spec'd better wider tires on the mustang. FAIL

When you getting red wheels and decals for your mustang?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What were you saying about the Mustang haven't problems putting its power down Jason???

The GT500's are known for this, not the BOSS

Jason had commented on that the BOSS is undertired, and could essentially out perform the camaro if it had similar sized rubber.

For the record, I fully agree that the ZL1 is superior to the BOSS, as it well should be for the price difference. The GT500 will be the real comparison.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Okay lawn Gnome. You drive a POS Honda but keep knocking Mustangs or posting irrelevant stuff. Like Vogz said in a previous thread, you’re just salty that you couldn’t afford your EVO on a McDonalds salary.

Called this response too.

Bobhope, what did I tell you? Dudes a predictable douche. I'll continue to enjoy driving my POS Honda, thanks.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
file.php

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info