Lowering a GT500

Reaction score
My sister's bf asked me to lower his GT500. He bought the FRPP lowering springs. I have lowered foxbodies and sn95s, how hard would it be lowering his car compared to the cars i've lowered? Any specials tools or tips is appreciated. Also I don't know if they changed the suspension at all in them since they came out but his is an 07. Thanks

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Reaction score

sideways

yes, im an ass
Reaction score
yes, adjustable panhard bar and some caster/camber bolts for the front end and you'll be set. i had a buddy do them on mine while i was at work. took him no time at all

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Reaction score
yes, adjustable panhard bar and some caster/camber bolts for the front end and you'll be set. i had a buddy do them on mine while i was at work. took him no time at all
If the camber bolts didnt come with the springs Doug dont get unless you need them after they try to aglin it. I didnt need them to get into specs on a laser rack, some do but most do not need them.

sideways

yes, im an ass
Reaction score
i needed the bolts cuz my drop was 1-3/4" all the way around and i was getting some kinda bad wear patterns on the front tires

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Reaction score
Thanks guys
Larry did mine at Speed Inc using the FRPP lowering springs. They give it just the right drop. Used a Steeda panhard. They suck. Do a BMR. Higher quality.
Used Steeda caster/camber. They're fine. BMR and Maximum also have them.
My alignment is perfect. Tire wear is as it should be....lots on the back :)

Makes it look like this.

Good luck.

bj

Attachments

SonicBlues92

Cobra Lover
Reaction score
That gt500 looks sick with that drop. Also like the painted side mirrors.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Reaction score
That gt500 looks sick with that drop. Also like the painted side mirrors.
Thanks. Gonna be interesting to see if I can shoe horn these big-ass wheels and tires under it with it lowered. I'll find out in about a week. It's going to take a rear sway bar relo, removal of the bump stops and the dust covers off the D-Specs.

I may have to swap springs and go a little higher. The tires are 28 x 11 x 15. Stock is a little shy of 27".

bj

SonicBlues92

Cobra Lover
Reaction score
Thanks. Gonna be interesting to see if I can shoe horn these big-ass wheels and tires under it with it lowered. I'll find out in about a week. It's going to take a rear sway bar relo, removal of the bump stops and the dust covers off the D-Specs.

I may have to swap springs and go a little higher. The tires are 28 x 11 x 15. Stock is a little shy of 27".

bj
Damn those are some fat ass meats. You gotta post a rear shot when you gets those meats on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom