• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lowering a GT500

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
yes, adjustable panhard bar and some caster/camber bolts for the front end and you'll be set. i had a buddy do them on mine while i was at work. took him no time at all

If the camber bolts didnt come with the springs Doug dont get unless you need them after they try to aglin it. I didnt need them to get into specs on a laser rack, some do but most do not need them.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
Thanks guys

Larry did mine at Speed Inc using the FRPP lowering springs. They give it just the right drop. Used a Steeda panhard. They suck. Do a BMR. Higher quality.
Used Steeda caster/camber. They're fine. BMR and Maximum also have them.
My alignment is perfect. Tire wear is as it should be....lots on the back :)

Makes it look like this.

Good luck.

bj

Attachments

• PICT0233.jpg
    PICT0233.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 116

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
That gt500 looks sick with that drop. Also like the painted side mirrors.

Thanks. Gonna be interesting to see if I can shoe horn these big-ass wheels and tires under it with it lowered. I'll find out in about a week. It's going to take a rear sway bar relo, removal of the bump stops and the dust covers off the D-Specs.

I may have to swap springs and go a little higher. The tires are 28 x 11 x 15. Stock is a little shy of 27".

bj

219Cobra

Cobra Lover
Aug 30, 2005
NWI
Thanks. Gonna be interesting to see if I can shoe horn these big-ass wheels and tires under it with it lowered. I'll find out in about a week. It's going to take a rear sway bar relo, removal of the bump stops and the dust covers off the D-Specs.

I may have to swap springs and go a little higher. The tires are 28 x 11 x 15. Stock is a little shy of 27".

bj

Damn those are some fat ass meats. You gotta post a rear shot when you gets those meats on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info