Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Man, they really made Smith overly "powerful". Its getting ridiculous. Manipulation of the kids, ok...but adults? I hope they give her more of a backstory of master con artist or something cause so far, its not believable at all.

Edit: 80s throwback ftw :bowdown:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
How the fuck does she know where everyone is and whats going on at all times? She found the "burial spot", found the robot....she knows EVERYTHING....god this is infuriating. She is so poorly written and executed...not to mention I cant stand the actress playing her...whether thats b/c of the writing or just her in general, I havent decided.

Oh, so shes gonna put the robot back together even though its been proven time and time again she has NO mechanical skills, whatsoever.

WHAT DOES SHE STAND TO GAIN BY BEING A MASSIVE CUNT WHILE STRANDED ON AN ALIEN WORLD

This show would be infinitely better without her. The rest of the characters are vastly more interesting.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I’m three episodes in. So far it’s pretty meh. Watchable but not great. I didn’t see the original so maybe I’m not making some connection.

On a different level though, I find Parker Posey so wildly unattractive that I almost can’t watch the scenes with her in them. And I’m not saying she’s ugly. There’s just some combination of looks, body language and the way she delivers her lines that just repulses me. I’ve never felt this way towards another human. She triggers some primal anger in me. It doesn’t help that she plays a character so one dimensional and predictable that it would ruin it either way.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I find that this version of Dr Smith is all of the worst parts of Laura Roselin from Battlestar Galactica.

There episodes I absolutely hated Roselin, however she also had admirable qualities while I hated her stance on certain things, but ultimately she's a good character with good motivations.

June Harrison (Dr Smith) is completely irredeemable based on her actions in the the opening season. Even her one good act at the end of the last episode doesn't make up for the horribleness of her actions. I'd space her for sure without regret.

The other problem I have is just how everything falls into place for her manipulations, she's got the easy cheat button somewhere. She literally doesn't make ANY mis-steps. Everyone and everything falls into place for her lies and no one questions anything.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That's what I thought. It felt like watching a really good movie, not a tv show.

I've only seen the first episode, but had to start it over and watch it a second time it was so good.

I was thinking, about why I think that.

I think that EP1 and EP2 were essentially filmed as a 2 part mini-movie. The characters are down to almost the core cast, and we don't really meet the other survivors until Eps 3 and later. Then in the finale we are left with just the original 60's core characters.

Though I could blow smith out the airlock and not care.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I just finished it, and being so predictable I knew there was no way they were getting to that ship, then more story opened up for season 2. I thought it was mildly entertaining, but if you really want to make it more dramatic, knowing nobody is going to die kinda ruins that aspect.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I do have to say a big WTF to these people only having sharp sticks to defend themselves. They are traveling to a distant planet with unpredictable life forms and don't have any weapons that are over a cave man's capability to make. Get the fuck outta here.

The first thing they should have done when they crashed was to 'print' a bunch of guns. I don't understand the dislike of weapons that would more than likely save their lives.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info