Netflix Lost in Space

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
OK, I gotta comment on season 2 a bit. Skip this post now if you don't want spoilers.

First, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. This is a SciFi show. They keep running into situations that need immediate action and they talk, talk, talk.

Second, in 2-2 they need to pull certain members up. "We don't have enough netting to reach them." "Let's lower the chariot down on a winch cable so they can get in it to be safe." (paraphrased) Winch cable? Nobody on the writing staff thinks of lowering the "winch cable" to pull them up using the "winch"? That's sort of what it's for. Or cares that they just put a huge hole in their plot?

I do like the characterization of good/bad Dr. Smith. She's one totally self centered individual. Good/bad doesn't matter to her. Taking care of Smith is what's good.

Writing could be better. Acting could be better. A few scenes salvage the show so far. Decent action and I have some curiosity about what happens next so it's worth investing in a few more episodes.

Reactions: FrenchLicker

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
OK, I gotta comment on season 2 a bit. Skip this post now if you don't want spoilers.

First, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. This is a SciFi show. They keep running into situations that need immediate action and they talk, talk, talk.

Second, in 2-2 they need to pull certain members up. "We don't have enough netting to reach them." "Let's lower the chariot down on a winch cable so they can get in it to be safe." (paraphrased) Winch cable? Nobody on the writing staff thinks of lowering the "winch cable" to pull them up using the "winch"? That's sort of what it's for. Or cares that they just put a huge hole in their plot?

I do like the characterization of good/bad Dr. Smith. She's one totally self centered individual. Good/bad doesn't matter to her. Taking care of Smith is what's good.

Writing could be better. Acting could be better. A few scenes salvage the show so far. Decent action and I have some curiosity about what happens next so it's worth investing in a few more episodes.

I think the reason behind the Chariot being lowered was due to the fact they didn't think they would get them all the way back up in time, and the concept of it acting as a faraday cage (setup from previous).

Overall the first season was much better and that Dr. Smith not getting caught continually pisses me off.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:(

One of Netflix's most popular sci-fi projects is coming to an end, as the streaming service is closing the book on Lost in Space. The news broke on Monday afternoon that Netflix has renewed Lost in Space for a third season, following the debut of Season 2 back in December, but that Season 3 would be the show's last on the streaming service. Season 3 of Lost in Space isn't expected to arrive on the service until sometime in 2021, so fans will have to wait a while to find out what happens to the Robinson family.

• Sad
Reactions: BS ISF

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And this show also completed. Alot of filler and some really cheesey scenes but

God damn if I didn't want to do a theater style clap when they showed everyone sitting at the dinner table and the robot sitting there looking so happy ?.

Show definitely finished weaker than it started, but I was fine with the conclusion. I kind of hope they do a spinoff with Will and Robot.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
On a different level though, I find Parker Posey so wildly unattractive that I almost can’t watch the scenes with her in them. And I’m not saying she’s ugly. There’s just some combination of looks, body language and the way she delivers her lines that just repulses me. I’ve never felt this way towards another human.
I just started watching this, and could not agree with this comment more. Only 4 episodes in but I read this thread anyway, honestly I'm surprised they didn't kill her off at the end of s1 when it became very obvious that nobody can stand to watch her.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info