• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Let the 2013 build begin!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
cam arrived at FAST today! :noes:

need to decide whatever all other parts I'm going to pick up and start getting back into the garage. the TA can't keep sitting around... although the pull to the GT is strong! :rofl:

Here's the Q currently:

Head gaskets. Felpro PermaTorques? Cometics? 6.0L? LS9? So many options! Found some feedback, but wondered what yall had to say on the topic.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I vote for whatever lets you enjoy the car the whole season trouble free. Probably going to take a good amount of $, but it's always sad seeing anyone on here driving around their DD cause their fun car is always busted. :hs: I've been there, that shit sux. I drive stock Honda's now :rofl: 2 slow, not broken cars to drive anytime, beats 1 fast car broken more than it's not!

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
cam arrived at FAST today! :noes:

need to decide whatever all other parts I'm going to pick up and start getting back into the garage. the TA can't keep sitting around... although the pull to the GT is strong! :rofl:

Here's the Q currently:

Head gaskets. Felpro PermaTorques? Cometics? 6.0L? LS9? So many options! Found some feedback, but wondered what yall had to say on the topic.

ls9 head gaskets seem to be the hot ticket right now. IIRC they are a 7 layer.

soooooooooo, tell me about your cam:pedobear:

So wait, you are going with the 317's with the cathedral style port heads? If you did, you will get more power out of those after porting than any aggressively ported L92 heads. LS9 gasket is the ticket nowadays.

Don't know if you had seen this thread on ls1tech but it is a good read after the L92's were pulled off.
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=19766&highlight=AFR+230

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So wait, you are going with the 317's with the cathedral style port heads? If you did, you will get more power out of those after porting than any aggressively ported L92 heads. LS9 gasket is the ticket nowadays.

Don't know if you had seen this thread on ls1tech but it is a good read after the L92's were pulled off.
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=19766&highlight=AFR+230

YES, I bought another set of 317s. They are heavily worked and last worked on by Rich Groh. I don't have flow #'s on them, but they're opened up A LOT.

Decided against L92s when I saw all the other stuff I would have to change or adapt to work with them. KISS!

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
So... he took off an unported L92/L76 combo and threw in 231/231-.617"/.617" cam, ported Fast 102, and AFR 230s and claims his OMG ported cathedral heads are the reason behind the huge 107HP increase? Port both the L92 heads and L76 intake with the cam and let me see the results. I can't view the pictures on that forum and I'm not inclined to read all 134 pages of it.

I hate it when people do that. You did THREE modifications over what you had previously and claim the heads are the result of 107hp increase? Bias conclusion is biased.

Everything I have read from the huge LS1GTO LS3/L92 thread has said the LS3 heads don't need porting but the L92s definitely could use some since they're cast with coarser sand.

Decided against L92s when I saw all the other stuff I would have to change or adapt to work with them. KISS!

Intake rockers and intake manifold, really. :dunno: Then again you're also on 346ci displacement and would need those Mast heads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info