Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
And it’s raining now…

Can’t stand working on stands. Hopefully one day I’ll have a big ass garage with a lift. I’m sore as hell…
I did mine on a lift with a trans jack and it still sucked, lol. That MT82 is a heavy mofo.

Anxious to hear how you like the Calimer since I'm on borrowed time with mine.

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I did mine on a lift with a trans jack and it still sucked, lol. That MT82 is a heavy mofo.

Anxious to hear how you like the Calimer since I'm on borrowed time with mine.
I’m curious myself! No rain in forever and as soon as I get the car together and on the round it’s going to rain for a week…lol

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m curious myself! No rain in forever and as soon as I get the car together and on the round it’s going to rain for a week…lol
No kidding. I ran up to Wisconsin to do some shopping in my mustang and barely beat the ran back home. Guess it’s fall now…

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Snuck in a little 10 mile drive before the Bears game. Shifts like butter and the clutch is very smooth with a pedal that might be a touch heavier than stock. Engagement is definitely toward the top of the travel. No chatter that I can feel.

Calimer says to expect some gear noise, but I honestly don’t hear any at all. It also feels like the trans is pulling you into the next gear with how easy it shifts. Very impressed so far!

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Gear noise? Do the gears have a different angle on them? Straighter cut gears are where you get noise. But typically they are stronger gears.

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Gear noise? Do the gears have a different angle on them? Straighter cut gears are where you get noise. But typically they are stronger gears.
He says they are straighter than stock. How much, I have zero idea. I think it’s mentioned on his site as well. I was expecting some noise, so this is just a bonus that I’m not hearing any. Now keep in mind my car is loud as fuck, but even at low rpm when it’s quiet I’m not hearing any gear noise.

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
People on the facefuck stick shift Coyote page saying I should be hearing some gear whine. Next ride I’m going to have windows rolled up and listen more carefully.
01bluesnake 01bluesnake you hear a bit of gear whine with these things?

01bluesnake

Cobra Brigade Mad Scientist
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
People on the facefuck stick shift Coyote page saying I should be hearing some gear whine. Next ride I’m going to have windows rolled up and listen more carefully.
01bluesnake 01bluesnake you hear a bit of gear whine with these things?
Normally the stage 3 does have some gear whine due to the different gears used. Nothing crazy though, ive heard some stock MT82's whine worse lol

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
That is cool that they changed the gears like that. It should help hold more power.

Normally the stage 3 does have some gear whine due to the different gears used. Nothing crazy though, ive heard some stock MT82's whine worse lol
Angel's 2011 MT82 was so loud, it made the car sound like it had a Whipple and open air box. "wwwweeeeeee" haha

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
That is cool that they changed the gears like that. It should help hold more power.

Angel's 2011 MT82 was so loud, it made the car sound like it had a Whipple and open air box. "wwwweeeeeee" haha
Yea I’m not sure the exact specifics, but it think 2-4 gears are billet and made by G force.

Terminator-Fox

Vaya Con Dios
Reaction score
I have an update. Not with the car, but with myself. I’m even more sore today! :(

Hopefully we get a couple dry hours today so I can take this thing out for a test ride.
Man you've gotten soft! I wasn't sore after helping you slam that paperweight in. Let me drive it 😡

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom