Bastards! Lol
1544FECC-2C97-4F79-9C2A-7DC7CAE3FB58.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I thought you had long tubes.

Nevermind then.
I do have longtubes. I also don’t have cats. I’m thinking you’re not up to speed with todays tuning…

All the big name tuners will NOT fuck with anything that has to do with emissions these days ever since the crackdown. I’m running spacers on the rear O2’s to keep the computer thinking everything is just fine.
You didn't check this before you went?

Did you just upload a new tune file or have the battery unhooked? Because if you did, you would have to complete drive loops to get the system monitors to report ready. That is IF your tune doesn't have any changes for those emissions items.
How do I check? I’m using an SCT handheld

And yea, I forgot I changed E85 tunes a couple weeks back because the last time I took the car out a month ago, I realized I loaded the wrong one. Didn’t think about that until after I got the REJECT…lol

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I do have longtubes. I also don’t have cats. I’m thinking you’re not up to speed with todays tuning…

All the big name tuners will NOT fuck with anything that has to do with emissions these days ever since the crackdown. I’m running spacers on the rear O2’s to keep the computer thinking everything is just fine.

And yea, I forgot I changed E85 tunes a couple weeks back because the last time I took the car out a month ago, I realized I loaded the wrong one. Didn’t think about that until after I got the REJECT…lol

I think you are assuming alot carry on.

:io:

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

Jeff send me a price on failed emissions bad CARFAX mustang. My red eye will be in soon and they will look nice together.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I can't remember if SCT has a way to check monitor readiness. I'd bet it does tho. Cobb and others do.

I've always used a cheap Bluetooth ODBII dongle and the Torque app. Works great.

If your catless, your rear o2 are probably turned off. So the cats won't ever show ready. If you have extensions you can ask your tuner to turn the rear o2 on. That might work. It also might not. O2 extenders are so hit and miss.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I think you are assuming alot carry on.

:io:
No, I really think you’re throwing darts with a fucking blindfold on. Lol
I can't remember if SCT has a way to check monitor readiness. I'd bet it does tho. Cobb and others do.

I've always used a cheap Bluetooth ODBII dongle and the Torque app. Works great.

If your catless, your rear o2 are probably turned off. So the cats won't ever show ready. If you have extensions you can ask your tuner to turn the rear o2 on. That might work. It also might not. O2 extenders are so hit and miss.
If the rear O2’s were turned off, the test would have come back and said “not supported”. I will confirm with Rob that all the emissions are left alone, but I’m pretty sure I’ve asked him before and he said he never fucks with that as it is against the law. The tune revision I’m using is from last fall which is well after the EPA came down hard on the tuners.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
No, I really think you’re throwing darts with a fucking blindfold on. Lol

If the rear O2’s were turned off, the test would have come back and said “not supported”. I will confirm with Rob that all the emissions are left alone, but I’m pretty sure I’ve asked him before and he said he never fucks with that as it is against the law. The tune revision I’m using is from last fall which is well after the EPA came down hard on the tuners.

I think you are a fucking clown for taking a tuned car with catless longtubes to an emissions test expecting it to pass......

You dont even know what the tuner has done.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They don't do a visual inspection as part of the test in Illinois. Many years ago I pulled in and the guy looked at me as the car was loud and loped hard. The guy peeked under my car, said there were no cats, and that I would get in trouble. He was correct as there were not cats on the car. But I told the guy that the factory exhaust was rusted thru and I bought an aftermarket system. That included a high flow cat & and muffler combined in one unit. He said ok and ran the test. It passed the sniffer test all good. So ya.... :rofl:

And I know people who have passed with the converters monitor saying "not ready". Because there were no cats on the vehicle. Illinois gets one "not ready" and it still can still pass. So not outside the possibility of his car passing. Depending on the tune and o2 extensions worming.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
There are a few dickheads on this form that make me giggle when they are struggling.

You are one of them.
You think this is struggling? You honestly think the car won’t pass once I drive it a couple more cycles and the monitors switch to “ready”?

I literally didn’t drive the car for weeks and brought it to work last week. There is a testing station a few miles away so I figured I’d stop while I was out grabbing lunch. I posted this on here more for the laughs because Greasy also just got rejected for the same thing.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Man I do not miss these emissions issues, I fought these "not ready" Not Supported" for so long on my 03 Cobra......... I had LT's, no cats full length 3" exhaust with MIL extenders and nothing worked. took car to two different tuners and car would never pass emissions. I took one tuner taking my car for the day to "pass" emissions....... end of day I have a passing emissions report, didnt ask questions but it cost me $500.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info