8149FB2F-74F1-4F4E-96CD-FBFD3CA6A34B.jpeg

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
And it’s raining now…

Can’t stand working on stands. Hopefully one day I’ll have a big ass garage with a lift. I’m sore as hell…
I did mine on a lift with a trans jack and it still sucked, lol. That MT82 is a heavy mofo.

Anxious to hear how you like the Calimer since I'm on borrowed time with mine.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Snuck in a little 10 mile drive before the Bears game. Shifts like butter and the clutch is very smooth with a pedal that might be a touch heavier than stock. Engagement is definitely toward the top of the travel. No chatter that I can feel.

Calimer says to expect some gear noise, but I honestly don’t hear any at all. It also feels like the trans is pulling you into the next gear with how easy it shifts. Very impressed so far!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Gear noise? Do the gears have a different angle on them? Straighter cut gears are where you get noise. But typically they are stronger gears.
He says they are straighter than stock. How much, I have zero idea. I think it’s mentioned on his site as well. I was expecting some noise, so this is just a bonus that I’m not hearing any. Now keep in mind my car is loud as fuck, but even at low rpm when it’s quiet I’m not hearing any gear noise.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
People on the facefuck stick shift Coyote page saying I should be hearing some gear whine. Next ride I’m going to have windows rolled up and listen more carefully.
01bluesnake 01bluesnake you hear a bit of gear whine with these things?

Normally the stage 3 does have some gear whine due to the different gears used. Nothing crazy though, ive heard some stock MT82's whine worse lol

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That is cool that they changed the gears like that. It should help hold more power.

Normally the stage 3 does have some gear whine due to the different gears used. Nothing crazy though, ive heard some stock MT82's whine worse lol
Angel's 2011 MT82 was so loud, it made the car sound like it had a Whipple and open air box. "wwwweeeeeee" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info