is it possible to go 12s in a supercharged car (gtp/gs) for 500$

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
If my red car had a 3.5 on it when i went 14.4@98 i bet i could have broke into 13's. It just didn't have any low end power to get out of the hole, i did everything i could, wouldn't even spin the tires :dunno: Maybe instead of a pulley i could have run a DBTK converter, then i would have went 1.6x 60's on plastic tires with watered down gas and the BBV unplugged.

If paying full price for everything, not "borrowing" anything, this could still be possible. A cheap nitrous kit, self ported mani's, non-catted dp, dropped exhaust, and weight reduction. That's where i stand. My car picked up almost an exact second with a 125shot, from 14's to 13's it wouldn't be nearly as hard as 12's to 11's, and with ported mani's, big dp, and no exhaust restricting the nitrous fed beast this is very possible to go even faster than 12.9x, even with street tires. :dunno: Given my mods were a bit over $500. intake, rockers, headers, 3.2, and a 75 shot i went 12.8@108 on street tires with a broken trans. The rockers really didn't do anything on the nitrous side, the headers could be replaced with the ported mani/dp combo, and the pulley really doesn't matter that much either, but helps. Do it KJ.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What do you have done now?

Car is stock sans downpipe and exhaust (although it's running 21 degrees of timing). All the swiss cheese stuff was sold off when demodded.

Has an awesome rod knock mod right now. Dull and quiet, but it's there...180K though, so it's to be expected for what this engines been through.

I would like to drop an L26 block in there if I can find one cheap enough.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Car is stock sans downpipe and exhaust (although it's running 21 degrees of timing). All the swiss cheese stuff was sold off when demodded.

Has an awesome rod knock mod right now. Dull and quiet, but it's there...180K though, so it's to be expected for what this engines been through.

I would like to drop an L26 block in there if I can find one cheap enough.

Wish I could do that. :hs:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This is a good challenge but I would like to see a legitimate attempt to match what was originally said.

Stock GTP/GS + $500 in modifications = 12's

no borrowed/donated parts - Technically they are free and do not subtract from the $500 but they shouldn't be. I mean, if someone "donated" a turbo kit or a IC and it was installed would that be the same? I think tires would be necessary for this challenge. However even a used set of slicks would be $100 at a minimum. That's a nice slice from the $500 right there, and should be included.

Gaskets and fluids included - It is money spent, every little thing adds up in this instance.

Modifying things yourself and doing your own labor would be the biggest cost savings. This is HUGE for such a low budget build. Not sure what is involved with modifying the stock rockers to 1.9 but could save money.

Not sure what I personally would do to achieve this. If I could do ALL my own work I would buy some slicks, rockers, headers, port everything, run no exhaust and some 110. DEALS will have to be found, and the car will need huge weight reduction.

I think this would be very hard to-do and legitimately spend under $500

bump from the dead... im thinking we can do this- with bikrboy's old car-

mods the car has and prices paid-

pacesetter headers ------$50(used headers becoming rusty, and a cut in half y pipe)

open cone filter ----------$10 (used shit cone)

slicks (either I am going to lend him some or if we want to get picky 200$ is what I will sell them for to anyone on here... wheels and tires 15")

egr, evap are deleted

used 3.4 pulley setup- 50$

I'm thinking gut the bitch, slicks, a 3.2 pulley with 110 and we will be damn close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info