I need to buy 3 cars!

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Get the 30-way “Perfect Position” seat option if getting a Conti. They’re comfy and the massage/cooling is perfect for FL.

99EB605D-4631-4171-BAE9-D5CAD1C6F2FC.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had an SBA loans adjuster come out today. I'm working with my insurance company, FEMA and SBA loans. She went around the house and cars and found things I hadn't seen. Sounds like there will be more money involved in the repairs/replacements than I originally thought. It's a complicated process and I'm not expecting any quick checks from any of them.

Safelight wants $2K to replace my Caddy back window. LOL The Caddy is the least damaged of the three cars. I may be driving it with plastic over the back window for a while. The Focus was full covered and has already been totaled. Check is in the mail on that one. Geico was quick.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I went out to dinner with Chicago friends who were in town to look at their damaged home and the conversation turned to needing 3 cars. My friend works at a dealership so he knows cars. He mentioned his neighbor down here is old and unable to come down here now. She is thinking about selling her 2003 Camry SE Florida car with 106,000 miles. I called her to discuss and am meeting her son, who works at a dealership in California, tomorrow. Talked on the phone with him and he said she's a nut with maintenance and the car has been garage kept by her for over 15 years. It was a 1 owner, certified used car when she bought it. The price they are asking is well below market prices. Not my idea of a dream car but it may do for the time being. I can always drive it a couple years and sell it for the same amount or more. Yes, I am looking at a car that was owned by an old lady who only drove it to church... I mean the beach. LOL

It's like this one.

2255.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Best part is it doesn't have broken windows like all my cars do now. 5th gen Camrys are the kind of cars that can last nearly forever. It has the 4 cyl. which has a timing chain compared to the V6's belt. One less maintenance item. And, it's the SE, Sports Edition. LOL Stiffer springs and steering and 16" wheels. Whoa!

This car costs 1/3 of what I was going to spend but it's a well built Toyota. Engine looks to be super easy to work on.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Best part is it doesn't have broken windows like all my cars do now. 5th gen Camrys are the kind of cars that can last nearly forever. It has the 4 cyl. which has a timing chain compared to the V6's belt. One less maintenance item. And, it's the SE, Sports Edition. LOL Stiffer springs and steering and 16" wheels. Whoa!

This car costs 1/3 of what I was going to spend but it's a well built Toyota. Engine looks to be super easy to work on.

Sounds like a game plan.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I was talking with a couple at a restaurant and they have a Lincoln LS they were "thinking" of selling. Gave them my card and said call me. Don't want a Lincoln LS (Jaguar S Type) but I was wondering how much they wanted for it. They were actually talking up the fact that it was a Jaguar underneath. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info