I need to buy 3 cars!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The hurricane took out 6 windows on 3 of my cars and dented and scraped them up bad. Water got into 2 of them. My son's 2017 Focus also has part of my oak tree still on it. We'll have to see what the insurance does with it.

My '03 Caddy, '04 Santa Fe and '13 Elantra all probably need to go. The Elantra really got hit. I have started researching replacements.

So far, I'm thinking of a 2009-2011 Lexus RX 350 for my wife's car to replace the Santa Fe. Those things can go 300K miles and I can get a decent one for $10K-$15K.

Not sure about my Caddy and Elantra yet. Any reliable car ideas?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
The hurricane took out 6 windows on 3 of my cars and dented and scraped them up bad. Water got into 2 of them. My son's 2017 Focus also has part of my oak tree still on it. We'll have to see what the insurance does with it.

My '03 Caddy, '04 Santa Fe and '13 Elantra all probably need to go. The Elantra really got hit. I have started researching replacements.

So far, I'm thinking of a 2009-2011 Lexus RX 350 for my wife's car to replace the Santa Fe. Those things can go 300K miles and I can get a decent one for $10K-$15K.

Not sure about my Caddy and Elantra yet. Any reliable car ideas?
Toyota / Honda
Lexus
Lincoln - especially a Town Car w/ a 4.6
Grand Marquis
GM w/ a 3800

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
My brother says if I want to wait a couple months, he'll sell me his Highlander when he buys his wife a car. 178K on it but he has had it dealer maintained its whole life. No leaks or issues. He says it still runs like new.

I could also buy my daughter's Sonata when she upgrades. That would be a cheap option since she drove it through some cement and doesn't want to remove it from the body panels. LOL

Reactions: Blood on Blood

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I use the Caddy for real estate. Need something with 4 doors to carry customers. Ideally, I can find something fun to drive but reliability is more important.

The Elantra was my high mpg car that I took for longer trips to save gas. I may get another Elantra unless I find something better.
Lexus LS460 to replace the Caddy. I've been looking at used ones for a while. Friend of mine had both a 2012 and 2013 F-Sport and they got me hooked.

Reactions: Flyn and Z28Camaro

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Get a lincoln town car to replace that caddy. You can get low mile 02-11 model year ones for like 7 or 8 grand and they still are very nice cars to this day.

2011-Lincoln-Town-Car-Fornt-View.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Car Wizard put together his top 6 reliability/value list and the Lincoln is on it along with other Fords/Mercurys with the same set up. I'm seriously considering that. He agrees with you guys on a lot of the vehicles.

He also liked the Lexus RX350, LS 400, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra and early 2000s Buick LeSabres.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Problem with the Genesis is they are mid 20s or more now to get a lower mileage car. I don't like to spend money on cars. My Caddy cost me $4K from a private party with 55,000 miles on it. I did $1K in repairs myself when I bought it and have driven it for almost ten years now.

Grand Marquis is the same platform as the Lincoln. They are all inexpensive, cheap and easy to repair. I'm definitely looking at them. I'd have to look closely at a Florida car. I might fly out to my daughter's in NC to buy one there if the prices are better. Don't have to worry about hurricane/flood damage, either.

Sucks having to wait for the insurance company to come out in a couple weeks. They have 45 days to handle the claim.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, I'm zeroing in on the RX for Amy. It's like her Santa Fe but better.

For real estate, something like this Lincoln would do fine. Big enough for customers and most of them were owned by old people who took reasonably good care of them. There are a ton of them out there.

640x480

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info