I made the mistake of finally test driving a 2015 mustang

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Fuck. I guess people cant have personal opinions anymore

I think it is because you sounded like it wasn't your personal opinion but fact.

If one vehicle is better than another in every way, that sounds pretty objective to me. There are many ways in which the SS can't compete with the Mustang. It is in the numbers. But if you're talking pure aesthetics, you can have an opinion on that.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I think it is because you sounded like it wasn't your personal opinion but fact.

If one vehicle is better than another in every way, that sounds pretty objective to me. There are many ways in which the SS can't compete with the Mustang. It is in the numbers. But if you're talking pure aesthetics, you can have an opinion on that.

Bingo.

I came from a mustang coupe.. traded that in for my SS.

That is not the route I wanted to go... I wanted a heavy ass 4 door car to rape people with.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Is this one of those stories like Gladiator almost beating a GTR?

I am legend....

We have determined that it was an escaped monkey from Brookfield zoo driving the GTR and was getting a blowjob by a hooker while racing gladiator in his bone stock SHO.

Drop in k&n filter mod brah...

No, it really did happen. I had a C5 FRC that put down 452 and weighed in at 3,055lbs. Was on some exotic cannon ball type run in WI and me and a guy in a heritage edition FGT decided to do a run up to around 185 on a long straight. I pulled about 2 cars on him. Guy was really cool I think his name was Tony and he was from Crystal Lake. I remember him saying he had vettes too

"They" will need signed affidavit and still call BS

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Is it me or are you talking about the Camaro and not the Chevy SS sedan? I think the current comparo is the sedan.

Is it me or is the Camaro a closer comparison than the SS? LOL I was simply stating the SS should at least be worth the test drive and considered before throwing down money on a new Mustang. Hell like others mentioned also the Scat Pak Challenger should be in running also.

Either way the 3 pony cars all have pretty stout offerings IMO and I'd be willing to bet the decision on what to go with would come down to cost, personal taste, and brand loyalty not performance between the bunch.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
To answer the OP's question...I was thinking of getting a 2015 based on the new features, comforts and IRS. I like the look of my 2011 exterior better, but the interior, options and suspension of the 2015 is better, no doubt. Now that the GT350 has been announced I would have a hard time not stepping up for one of those over a GT premium.

Ford improved the car in many was for 2015. I don't think anyone can argue that.

I thoroughly enjoyed driving the 15. The previous years are dropping in value rapidly. I say do it.

I was shocked when I looked into values of the 2011+ GT Premium cars when I went to list mine. Even the trade in values I received were higher than I expected.

I wouldn't say 'rapidly', I've been watching the values closely, and they aren't depreciating faster than any other 'previous generation' car.

Agreed. Which surprised me as well. With the new features and comforts I figured the 2011-14 cars would drop quickly. Like the 2010 GT with the 3v did when the Coyote came out. lmao!

I think just one of those components is forged like the Boss. Either the rods or the pistons, don't recall.

They are a powdered forged rod. I wouldn't trust it over 700 rwhp even with a safe tune. Plenty of 2012-13 boss' broke motors when they reached that number. Still better than the 2011-14 GT rods though. Just not as good as a aftermarket rod.

I smoked a Ford GT in my HCI C5 so yeah, I'd take even a C5 over a Ford GT

I wouldn't care if a vette beat me in a race. The GT is a way cooler car than any vette. Different classification of car so hard to compare a mid engine, limited production bad ass to a vette. lol

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
03/04 cobra > '15 GT

d3c1d3216a2c6fd725ec9f9d756c8565.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Im talking 2016 Camaro guy as far as Im aware they aren't even in dealer lots yet. Hence I said the 445hp one with an 8 speed and iirc the 16 SS will be available with magna ride and is supposed to be faster and lighter than the 15 1LE

15 Mustang over 15 Camaro absolutely hell 15 Challenger over the 15 Camaro.........
I wish I could neg rep you

Reactions: 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info