I made the mistake of finally test driving a 2015 mustang

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I want a Vert, they no longer offer GT Verts with the Perf Pack.

However, All GT Verts now also come as 'Premium' cars, and then have all of the niceties right out of the box.

AAAANND, if you wait, you can get the 2016 GT with the CS package. I would highly recommend that. But you can imagine its going to be pushing $48k+ for that and vert. The CS cars are just so sexy, especially the white ones.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh and DAS, READ THIS....

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ang-gt-to-receive-hood-vent-turn-signals.html

2016 Mustang GT convertible will be available with the Performance Package

Mustang drop-top aims for tip-top performance

Now, just like owners of the fastback model, customers of Mustang GT convertible equipped with manual transmission can order a Performance Package for 2016. Featuring increased structural bracing, as well as revised suspension components, brakes, wheels and tires, Mustang GT convertible equipped with Performance Package will be a force to be reckoned with ā€“ both on back roads and at the track. Features include:

Unique chassis tuning, with strut tower brace and K-brace

Larger radiator

Revised suspension with upsized rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs

Six-piston Brembo front brake calipers

19x9-inch front, 19x9.5-inch rear ebony-painted aluminum wheels with summer tires

Unique tuning for stability control, ABS and electric power-assisted steering

TorsenĀ® limited-slip differential with 3.73 axle ratio

Engine-turned aluminum instrument panel with auxiliary gauges

More aggressive front splitter; rear spoiler delete

ā€œFord Mustang GT fastback with Performance Package has been very popular,ā€ said Banker. ā€œCustomer feedback indicated a strong desire for the package on the convertible model as well, and the 2016 Mustang GT delivers.ā€

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yeah Challenger Scat Pack is a deal for what you get. Just love the way those Challengers look and now that the interior is good I'd look at it if I was in the market.

One thing to note about that, is if you plan on getting a loaded up one with every option, its actually better bang for your buck to just get the SRT 392 one rather than the R/T. The SRT one comes with everything you get from the R/T, but also the adjustable suspension, bigger brakes and wheels/tires and a lighter aluminum hood I believe. Plus the SRT gauges and badges and you also get admission to the SRT driving experience for free. Granted that car loaded up is like $1k more, but its worth it for all the extras.

But then everyone thinks you have a hellcat, and you will have to see the smile fade from there face when you have to correct them and say its just a 392...lol They make plate frames that can help with that though....Ahahaha

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Then you get outta the bang for your buck that is the big selling point of the Scat Pack.

But I see your point and it is a good one.

Right. A manual trans without all the tech but with SCAT pack is the beans. But again, if you want everything you might as well get the SRT. But now the R/T is also available with that mopar shaker system thats pretty cool. Not available in the SRT line I think either. And both cars loaded up are right at $48k... Ouch.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
455 hp and 8 speed auto for the 16 Camaro like I said it would at least be worth the test drive before throwing any money down or a signature lol.........

Besides isn't the SS supposed to be faster and lighter than the 1LE ? Also the SS can be had with magna ride correct?

Is it me or are you talking about the Camaro and not the Chevy SS sedan? I think the current comparo is the sedan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info