HP vs Torque, JUST FOR YOU JAMES!

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
But engine torque is pretty irrelevant. Torque to the wheels is really what matters, and in this case the M3 is very impressive.

Of course tq to the wheels is what matters. If you cant get the power to the ground then what is the use for having all that power?

If I can recall in a most recent thread, you stated torque means absolutly nothing.

And that's why torque means absolutely NOTHING. HP is much more important than torque when talking about acceleration.

But how can a car with with less whp and weights heavier than a Z06 go just as fast as a stock Z06?

BECAUSE IT HAS TORQUE!

So therefore torque is just as important as hp

[/thread]

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Ugh. You've never seen a c5 z06 not run 12s? Interesting, cause I've seen tons of them run 13s at the track. With equal drivers, a c5 z06 will be only 1 to 2 tenths faster than the M3 because of the weight factor. Yes, the M3 has more aggressive gearing, but ask yourself why? It's because of the high HP which is derived from having a high redline. You can't gear a z06 like that because you'd be out of 3rd gear by 60mph.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Of course tq to the wheels is what matters. If you cant get the power to the ground then what is the use for having all that power?

If I can recall in a most recent thread, you stated torque means absolutly nothing.

But how can a car with with less whp and weights heavier than a Z06 go just as fast as a stock Z06?

BECAUSE IT HAS TORQUE!

So therefore torque is just as important as hp

[/thread]

What care are you speaking of? Name a car with less whp that is faster than a z06.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
According to the chart Turk put up along side the banter in the quotes, the weight didnt matter. The M still has more "thrust". :hs:

Um, it does dumbass. The chart is measuring thrust. This is only part of the equation when figuring acceleration, the other part would be weight. I wouldn't expect you to understand, I mean, you did buy a buick.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
why not go from a dig?

that tbss according to your calculations should fall on its face around 60mph... since it begins running out of gear... your god given m3 should take him down in the backhalf...

The argument here is about HP/weight and acceleration. If you go from a dig, that argument becomes mute because of all the other variables. The car runs out of gear at 60mph? What is it, a 2 speed automatic? Some people on this board have fast cars, I just wonder if they realize why the cars are fast....

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
No go?? I promise it will be experimental only. I will take no pleasure in beating your brand new german supercar with my 12 yr old domestic optispark failing junk. You've seen my dyno charts, 315tq 291hp. $100 :pedobear:

I won't do it at the track. $100 and you got a race on the street. 291rwhp in a full weight f body would be lucky to hit 13.9.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The argument here is about HP/weight and acceleration. If you go from a dig, that argument becomes mute because of all the other variables. The car runs out of gear at 60mph? What is it, a 2 speed automatic? Some people on this board have fast cars, I just wonder if they realize why the cars are fast....

410 gears... and he runs a smaller tire... so it makes it like 488...

he doesnt trap shit...

er u just dont wanna launch the race car?

some people have fast cars on this board- yeah. but do they give a shit if its hp or tq that makes em fast like you are right now? prolly not.

i couldnt give a shit about what kind of numbers my car puts down, even if it was quick, which it isnt...

dyno numbers are silly.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
410 gears... and he runs a smaller tire... so it makes it like 488...

he doesnt trap shit...

er u just dont wanna launch the race car?

some people have fast cars on this board- yeah. but do they give a shit if its hp or tq that makes em fast like you are right now? prolly not.

i couldnt give a shit about what kind of numbers my car puts down, even if it was quick, which it isnt...

dyno numbers are silly.

Exactly. Already learned the hardway. I'll launch it on the street, but not at a drag strip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info