homeless man with a golden voice.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
It is sad, but he made his bed, time for him to sleep in it.
I never said he wasn't fully to blame or anything. He obviously made his own choices to relapse instead of take this insane opportunity to get better. I guess it's more the idea of somebody getting said opportunity and not taking advantage of it that's sad; not so much the individual at hand.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I think you can summarize the two different reactions to this guy's second chance with one word:

HOPE.

I'd HOPE that if I were in his shoes, that I'd do great things with a similar opportunity.

I'd HOPE that he was ready to move past his mistakes in life and really take advantage of his good fortunes.

I'd HOPE people would empathize with anyone who has lived on the street for how many ever years, no matter the reason. Seems easy enough to imagine how hard that must be for anyone, no matter the situation. Earned or not.

You would never be in his shoes, unless you decided one day to become a drug addict/alcoholic, destroy your home & family, and end up on the street.

Why not hope for his family to be doing well, they had no control over the fact that their husband and father ruined their lives? Why not hope for thousands of other people that have shit come up in their lives OUT OF THEIR CONTROL to get a second chance. No instead we want to hope for the guy who ruins his life on drugs and alcohol. Makes sense to me.....

Nope. Just throw those people away like trash regardless if they try to better themselves or not.

You get one chance in life. Blow it? Die!

Nobody said throw him away, but how about he does it himself. Panhandling on the street is going to get him nowhere.

Joel, if you feel so bad for this guy, why don't you open your home to him?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You would never be in his shoes, unless you decided one day to become a drug addict/alcoholic, destroy your home & family, and end up on the street.

Why not hope for his family to be doing well, they had no control over the fact that their husband and father ruined their lives? Why not hope for thousands of other people that have shit come up in their lives OUT OF THEIR CONTROL to get a second chance. No instead we want to hope for the guy who ruins his life on drugs and alcohol. Makes sense to me.....

I am pickin up what you're puttin down, my man.

hey lets argue about homeless guys

:jg:

The article I read stated that he had been drinking the entire time and just lied about being clean, not that he was clean then relapsed. In any case who cares? At least it was just booze. Alcoholism is a very serious disease and it's great that he realized he needed to get help. I'd get more into it, but I have alcoholism in my family and it's hard to talk about for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info