Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
redundant in size to the 99% soccer mom non enthusiast market. are they trying to put a dent in wrangler sales, or are they going to cannibalize sales from their existing lineup?

i think that's obvious no?

they have said... solid axles... true offroad... etc....

they didn't disappoint with the raptor, im unsure why you are so hellbent in thinking they will with this.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32394/2020-ford-bronco-solid-axles/

At the 2017 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Ford dropped the news we've all been anticipating for seemingly forever: The Bronco returns in 2020. Speaking with R&T at the show, Ford Executive Vice President Joe Hinrichs vowed that the new Bronco will be a bona-fide off-roader, hinting that the upcoming SUV could be the first true competitor to the wildly successful Jeep Wrangler in many years.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
As Larry Vellequette reports at Automotive News, axle manufacturer Dana revealed in an investor presentation this month that it's been chosen as the driveline supplier for both the 2019 Ford Ranger and the 2020 Bronco. In the presentation, Dana indicated that both vehicles will have "front and rear axles featuring our latest AdvanTEK gear technology," Vellequette writes.

Dana. Hmmm. Where have I seen those axles before? Ah yes:

gallery-1485278704-screen-shot-2017-01-24-at-122434-pm.png

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
what is a make or break to you?

imo, a solid powerplant, ~5-6k worth of towing, straight axles, and a shiftable transfer case to allow for rwd vs 4x4 and not always awd and they're in the ball park of awesome.

I want all of that, but the design has to be very close the visual cues of the old Bronco and not just carry the name badge. I also want the interior to be spacious, not cramped.

I’m not confident in those things being in place.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I personally think they will. i mean plenty of families operate out of 4 door jeep jk's and JL's plenty well.

i think people have some sort of notion that the previous (larger of the two) bronco was some ginormous vehicle... when in reality... a new jeep wrangler 4 door is 8-9 inches longer overall than it was... and within 4-5 inches as wide.

i think that's obvious no?

they have said... solid axles... true offroad... etc....

they didn't disappoint with the raptor, im unsure why you are so hellbent in thinking they will with this.

wrangler sells because of the existing customer base, the enthusiast who defys logic and doesn't care about ride, comfort, handling, power, mileage, towing, value......

while the masses want the Honda crv or close equivalent. I don't think Ford is going to steal wrangler people and the suv lineup they have already doesn't leave room for much more than making what they have already better and leaving the wrangler market alone. Make an escape that actually competes with a crv, etc. So my question is who is going to buy this, and what are they not going to buy because of it?
I guess we'll see.

i dont buy new vehicles for myself so it really doesn't matter at all in that case :rofl:

ok, cool.... so ask yourself. who is the target market? wrangler people, they are for the most part wrangler people. crv people? They are for your most part low entry height, good value, good ride etc people, existing ford suv, explorer pe0ple? no 3rd row.....

I truly hope it's a cool vehicle, i just wonder who's going to buy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info