Drag to reposition cover

Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/01/09/f-150-bronco-ranger-city-of-tomorrow.html

And the Ranger too:

Ranger and Bronco Return
Ford is bringing back the Ranger midsize pickup truck to its North American vehicle lineup in 2019 and Bronco midsize SUV to its global vehicle portfolio in 2020. Both vehicles will be manufactured at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan.

“We’ve heard our customers loud and clear. They want a new generation of vehicles that are incredibly capable yet fun to drive,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford’s president of The Americas. “Ranger is for truck buyers who want an affordable, functional, rugged and maneuverable pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Bronco will be a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for thrill seekers who want to venture way beyond the city.”

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bronco will be a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for thrill seekers who want to venture way beyond the city
i really hope they stick HARD to the no-compromise portion of this statement.

like. solid axles. front and rear. DO IT.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
5.0, solid axles, real lockers (not brake setup), some easy sway bar disconnects, bronco dooooit

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
When I see the term no compromise, I feel like that means a high price tag. Although, I am very excited to hear this!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
it 100% needs to be as capable as a wrangler rubicon with phrases like "no compromise" being tossed out there.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
When I see the term no compromise, I feel like that means a high price tag. Although, I am very excited to hear this!
it 100% needs to be as capable as a wrangler rubicon with phrases like "no compromise" being tossed out there.
Wranglers DO have a high price tag, you can get one to clip $40,000. They have no real competition, so its not like they have a reason to lower their price.

This is a situation where I can see competition really benefiting consumers in every way. Jeep is forced to either adjust pricing to remain competitive for their next generation wrangler; or the gauntlet gets thrown down between the two.

Side-Note; I hope they bring back the Centurion name, I think that would be kind of cool as the 4 door Bronco to compete with the Wrangler Unlimited.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wranglers DO have a high price tag, you can get one to clip $40,000. They have no real competition, so its not like they have a reason to lower their price.

This is a situation where I can see competition really benefiting consumers in every way. Jeep is forced to either adjust pricing to remain competitive for their next generation wrangler; or the gauntlet gets thrown down between the two.

Side-Note; I hope they bring back the Centurion name, I think that would be kind of cool as the 4 door Bronco to compete with the Wrangler Unlimited.
bronco will be 40k in any trim worth getting i bet...

and wouldn't it be someone else bringing back the centurion name? it's not like centurion was a division of ford.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
bronco will be 40k in any trim worth getting i bet...

and wouldn't it be someone else bringing back the centurion name? it's not like centurion was a division of ford.
I know Centurion wasn't a divison of ford; just always associated that name with 4 door Broncos and 6 foor F-series trucks

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know Centurion wasn't a divison of ford; just always associated that name with 4 door Broncos and 6 foor F-series trucks
yeah, but they did GM stuff too, and probably even mopar.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
that's a 1500 bromontana
I checked on Google; yup, GM made 3/4 and 1 tons as crew cabs themselves first, and then in 98 they took on half-ton production, but prior to that half ton crew cab GMT400's were all centurions.

Did not know.

jason05gt

Reaction score
For all of the soccer moms and dads that maybe take it on a gravel road:bigthumb:

I'd venture that this will be unibody and IRS based on an existing Ford platform.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
For all of the soccer moms and dads that maybe take it on a gravel road:bigthumb:

I'd venture that this will be unibody and IRS based on an existing Ford platform.
i agree, i've said that on here before, i would LOVE to be proven wrong though.

if anything it will have a solid axle out back i'd think, and independent up front.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
The Expedition is still being sold, and is still a body on frame.... we can dream!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now, lets just hope the economy doesn't tank between now and then so that there is still demand for the truck market when these happen in 2020. Also, curious that there was no mention of if they'll be hybrid, all electric, or just ICE based power plants.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
The Expedition is still being sold, and is still a body on frame.... we can dream!
body on frame with independent front and rear suspension though right?

aka. not really "upgradable" or "liftable. "

jason05gt

Reaction score
i agree, i've said that on here before, i would LOVE to be proven wrong though.

if anything it will have a solid axle out back i'd think, and independent up front.
Me too, but even a unibody and IRS can be competent off-road. I believe Land Rover/Range Rover is moving their vehicles to unibody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom