For 20 million, would you live in an empty cabin for a year

Would you / could you do this?

• Total voters

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
That was my point. If something you think should be common sense, but clearly the results show it isn't, maybe it's not, and you shouldn't use it as your argument.

Why is it you think only experienced survivalists could survive this scenario? I agree, it's a huge plus. But I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for a non-experienced person to survive this. Humans do what they need to live.

I wouldn't normally respond to someone who refers to something that's a statistical possibility as magical, but if it'll appease your curiosity and shut all the naysayers up, I'll give it a try.

Dozens of times I've gone on hunting/camping trips in Wisconsin. Usually 2-5 days long. I can skin/cook/preserve animals I kill. I can start fire a couple of different ways. I know how to purify drinking water. I can tell direction. I have made my own shelter in the woods before. And I've chopped wood.

No. I've never spent more than a week in the wilderness. Nor have I been anywhere so cold.

(didn't you make a separate thread for this stuff Vogz?)

I clearly gave the general public too much credit. I won't make that mistake again.

Why do I think only experienced survivalists could survive? Because established communities of people have trouble surviving in Northern Alaska in the winter when they lose power or their food source for any length of time. Not to mention the suicide rate is insane up there when it's dark ALL DAY and doesn't rise above zero for months at a time.

You clearly don't realize just how cold it gets up there. How scarce food is and the mental toll something like that would take even if somehow you were able to stay warm without proper winter gear and stay fed without a guaranteed food source.

I did make a separate thread, and the people voting mostly turned it into a joke.

Squidbilly

Aug 26, 2013
As the situation stands now, there's no fucking way that I would attempt it.

I think there should be more options, like:
1. Trade your gun for another person, that knows nothing about survival (Scott from the kardashians?), and you must start in the middle of summer (less time to prepare for winter)

2. No wood burning stove, but you get a sleeping bag.

3. No gun, but you get a mini torch or a lighter

4. No pots, pans, or utensils, but you get a bed.

5. ...what you got?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

what's teh rule for firewood?

get 10 times more than you think you will need? :rofl:

i mean you "get" a "month's" worth of firewood at the start of this adventure... is your cabin big enough to keep all of that dry- or will it be outside? i didn't see a tarp being offered. additionally... alaska is dark like always in the winter right? how in the fuck are you going to go bounce around the woods looking for things to eat in 10 feet of snow in pitch black darkness once that handy dandy flashlight gives up.

i think you save the gun and a bullet to off yourself when you starve to death and realize that's a better quicker way to go than shivering to death from hypothermia and lack of food

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Still stand by my original post. I'm a bit fatter now too so I've got an extra couple days of starvation I can use.

But seriously. Unless that rifle is a fucking Henry 45-70 from 19fuckingwhatever or some weird ass caliber that only THAT gun used, my reloading gear can fit into a briefcase so I can at least continually hunt. 7 days to "prep" my seabags full of survival gear, most of which I already have.

Will TCG sponsors be fronting the 20 mill or does Mook need to take out a life insurance policy and "die"?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Still stand by my original post. I'm a bit fatter now too so I've got an extra couple days of starvation I can use.

But seriously. Unless that rifle is a fucking Henry 45-70 from 19fuckingwhatever or some weird ass caliber that only THAT gun used, my reloading gear can fit into a briefcase so I can at least continually hunt. 7 days to "prep" my seabags full of survival gear, most of which I already have.

Will TCG sponsors be fronting the 20 mill or does Mook need to take out a life insurance policy and "die"?

I will empty my entire bank account if you can do this. Its almost 20 million, but not quite. TCG has been slower this year.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
All it would take is for a cut to get infected and all you guys would be dead :rofl: Especially if the infection gets into your blood stream. BYE FELICIA

I guess you could chop the infected limb off though.

A cut? More like a MAJOR laceration. You're making that out to be like you're an AIDS patient with no immune system. I've lacerated my forehead, shin, hands, never went to the doctors, and been just fine. A little ounce tubing of bacetracine ointment fits in nicely with my gauze wrappings and bandages.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You ever have an infection in the blood stream? I have. 3 times in the past year. Shit is absolutely no joke, at all. Untreated, you will legit die. I keep getting it in my arm. You can watch it travel up your arm and if you see it go past the arm pit, its code red. Well, its sepsis. I know you know what that is.

Obviously a cut or some shit aint gonna be the end of days.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
:rofl:

what's teh rule for firewood?

get 10 times more than you think you will need? :rofl:

i mean you "get" a "month's" worth of firewood at the start of this adventure... is your cabin big enough to keep all of that dry- or will it be outside? i didn't see a tarp being offered. additionally... alaska is dark like always in the winter right? how in the fuck are you going to go bounce around the woods looking for things to eat in 10 feet of snow in pitch black darkness once that handy dandy flashlight gives up.

i think you save the gun and a bullet to off yourself when you starve to death and realize that's a better quicker way to go than shivering to death from hypothermia and lack of food

It's dark a lot but not the entire time... Like Fairbanks (middle'ish of Alaska) gets like 3-4 hours of sun on the shortest day of the year.

I say if you're starting in spring and can stockpile and get ready for the winter it could be done... For $20 million I'd give it a shot.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
You ever have an infection in the blood stream? I have. 3 times in the past year. Shit is absolutely no joke, at all. Untreated, you will legit die. I keep getting it in my arm. You can watch it travel up your arm and if you see it go past the arm pit, its code red. Well, its sepsis. I know you know what that is.

Obviously a cut or some shit aint gonna be the end of days.

While I don't disagree with you, you seem to underestimate how strong of an immune system I, and I'm sure many others, have. I'm serious. Shredded my foot from glass in the FOx, had sticks stab the fuck out of me, etc.

I was installing a light bar on my truck a couple weeks ago and smashed my forehead on the hook for the hood and cut my head open pretty good. 1/2"-3/4" gash almost down to the bone. It's completely healed up and fine now. Only a bandaid and bacitracin on it. When I was a kid, I was one of those guys with the pedals on his BMX that had huge steel studs to grip your feet in mud. I jumped over something, lost my footing, and proceeded to rip a 3" gash in my shin down to the bone. Never got it sewed up and just kept it covered with a wrap and anti-biotics and it healed up, barring the giant scar I have.

Honestly if I were going to die, it would either be from pneumonia or an animal attack. Which both are extremely likely.

Thread Info